EFL appeal

Sith Happens

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Stay calm B4. Nothing new seems to have happened that should concern us/you.

Well I am concerned now but I do think boro should be fined by the cost of this. People seem to think boro are incent ones in all of this but they are they ones caused all this trouble.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t get why a club that fails FFP gets a fine? Surely that just makes things even worse financially? 

maybe a slap on the wrist and Re-educating on how to establish amortisation should be the proper course? 

Almost as if the EFL want to see clubs go into administration. They wouldn't even pass their own fit and proper test

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I’d like Gibbo to come on the Radio Derby phone in as a guest so that he could be questioned and have metaphorical old tomatoes thrown at him. 
See how he likes that. 

I dont think he would even dare step foot in Derby now he to much of a coward for that utter banker gibson.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t get why a club that fails FFP gets a fine? Surely that just makes things even worse financially? 

maybe a slap on the wrist and Re-educating on how to establish amortisation should be the proper course? 

Simply because it’s meant to be a deterrent. Do you think a slap on the wrist would stop it happening? Also, I doubt they need “re-educating”. I’m sure they already know all about the more traditional method for amortisation but have chosen an alternative because it suits them. 

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

I’d like Gibbo to come on the Radio Derby phone in as a guest so that he could be questioned and have metaphorical old tomatoes thrown at him. 
See how he likes that. 

He’s only doing what he should be doing, looking after his own club. I hope we would do the same to Boro if the roles were reversed

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not all clubs who breach ffp are heading for financial difficulty. Some are just filthy cheats (we're a bit of both) who tried to bypass the rules and so are punished accordingly.

Its not the EFLs fault that some clubs are run poorly from a financial perspective. The rules apply to everyone - not just the well run clubs.

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Guess education lessons on how to properly run a football club would be more in order.

Just like when you get caught speeding by the filth and you can either take the points and fine or go on a speed awareness course. 

31 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Guess education lessons on how to properly run a football club would be more in order.

Just like when you get caught speeding by the filth and you can either take the points and fine or go on a speed awareness course. 

But when you think the law is an ass then you ignore it by trying to get round it, an awareness course would be no good

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

He’s only doing what he should be doing, looking after his own club. I hope we would do the same to Boro if the roles were reversed

I dunno. If Boro, or any other club, were having issues, it's not our job to get involved. We should leave it to the powers that be to sort it out correctly, and serve an appropriate punishment. Though that does rely on trusting the powers that be to serve an appropriate punishment, and not get bullied by a rival chairman with a personal agenda.

2 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I dunno. If Boro, or any other club, were having issues, it's not our job to get involved. We should leave it to the powers that be to sort it out correctly, and serve an appropriate punishment. Though that does rely on trusting the powers that be to serve an appropriate punishment, and not get bullied by a rival chairman with a personal agenda.

It is a league not a charity.  The fewer competitors the better. Really if the efl had done the job properly they wouldn’t be a need for all this

6 minutes ago, Spanish said:

It is a league not a charity.  The fewer competitors the better. Really if the efl had done the job properly they wouldn’t be a need for all this

I'd rather we succeed whilst retaining integrity, but maybe we should agree to disagree.

Though I definitely agree with the last statement.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Simply because it’s meant to be a deterrent. Do you think a slap on the wrist would stop it happening? Also, I doubt they need “re-educating”. I’m sure they already know all about the more traditional method for amortisation but have chosen an alternative because it suits them. 

Yes fair point. We all probably have some rules and regs that we don't agree with, but we have accept the risk of the consequences, should we choose not to abide by them. 

13 hours ago, Spanish said:

what does 458 do/own?

Quick look at the companies house register shows that yes it is one of Mel’s. But it didn’t give a charge to Dell which suggests it’s irrelevant so far as the club is concerned. Most likely it’s dormant and they forgot to file it as such. Sounds like a storm in a teacup 

4 hours ago, GenBr said:

Not all clubs who breach ffp are heading for financial difficulty. Some are just filthy cheats (we're a bit of both) who tried to bypass the rules and so are punished accordingly.

Its not the EFLs fault that some clubs are run poorly from a financial perspective. The rules apply to everyone - not just the well run clubs.

Not when they signed our accounts off in first place.