Jump to content

EFL appeal


Sith Happens
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's one tweet from one account but it does seem to suggest trouble is afoot. We need to sort this all out, and quickly. I know easier said than done but still. 

image.png.f3e2efb627a8be81224ade22884c9582.png

what does 458 do/own?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's one tweet from one account but it does seem to suggest trouble is afoot. We need to sort this all out, and quickly. I know easier said than done but still. 

image.png.f3e2efb627a8be81224ade22884c9582.png

A compulsory strike off is also what happens when directors decide to let the company dissolve 

I believe there is also a 3 month objection period

So - I don't think this is an immediate concern - Could be a useless shell now (for a variety of reasons) which they're letting go plus there's still plenty of time to rectify it if needed

PLUS if we don't have a takeover done within 3 months there are much bigger problems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This company doesn't have any obvious connection to DCFC, other than Mel is a director. It is owned by MSTART (MEDICAL AND SPORTING TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH TRUST).

Another non-story from Kieron Maguire. Gellaw companies are those off-the-shelf ones set up by Geldards solicitors, who work for Mel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, cool_as_custard said:

This company doesn't have any obvious connection to DCFC, other than Mel is a director. It is owned by MSTART (MEDICAL AND SPORTING TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH TRUST).

Another non-story from Kieron Maguire. Gellaw companies are those off-the-shelf ones set up by Geldards solicitors, who work for Mel.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is not really accountancy as such, but corporate finance and structuring. 

When you're setting up a business that has more than one component, you want a structure that..... 

- limits liability around the group so one loss making bit doesn't crash the whole thing 

- minimise tax

- allow future flexibility (can sell bits of the business) 

- can get further money into the group and move money around 

- keeps as much of the business outside of regulatory perimeters as possible 

Trying to optimise all of those can lead to some horrendous complexity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So this could be a case of Keiran Maguire not realising that 'Pride Park' is actually an industrial estate rather just the name of our stadium.

I think that's exactly what it is. Plus a little bit of "OMG Mel Morris is such a wally he can't even file accounts properly" - any excuse for a quick dig etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe it was from this is the moment Karen Maguire took an interest in us.

The following season Brighton finished 20th in the table whilst we went on the spending spree.

Karen Maguire is a Brighton fan, but I believe his unhealthy interest in us is down to interactions.

Tweet/talk about Derby and you have not only Derby fans but Leeds, Forest, Boro fans all over it.

Same with the Daily Mail. 

Our name generates clicks, it has done for years now and the names Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney have only cemented us into their daily lives.

Should get a job on the roadworks if he enjoys digging up dirt so much. Perfect job.

It’s just something we have to get used to until all this settles down. I unfollowed him on Twitter, not that I get to avoid it all.

He’s the resident busy body on radio and TV like Robbie Savage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another £14m of debt at #BristolCity converted to shares by Steve Lansdown today, ie written off. Benevolent ownership.

Surely that means the chairman is getting more equity (shares) in lieu of a debt he owes himself. Must be some quite serious overspend going on. All very odd. 

Hmm. glass houses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Another £14m of debt at #BristolCity converted to shares by Steve Lansdown today, ie written off. Benevolent ownership.

Surely that means the chairman is getting more equity (shares) in lieu of a debt he owes himself. Must be some quite serious overspend going on. All very odd. 

Hmm. glass houses

I wonder what Mr Poppadom has to say about that over on the FFP forum 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

If we do only get a fine, can we please install a spycam (or borrow one from Leeds) in Gibsons house. That would be worth your TV licence on its own 

Ugh! - just think of some of the thing you might see.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, David said:

I wonder what Mr Poppadom has to say about that over on the FFP forum 

We'll find out later.  😃. Personally I couldn't care less, but the holier than though attitude regarding the redistribution of debts/ffp etc drives me mad, their all at it.  If this bloke wasn't writing of constant overspend he'd be owed a debt worth more than entire club twice over when he sells up.  In the real world it would be Bankrupt City. My attitude has always been if you're willing to fund it do it. 

I think he's more interested in Stoke at the minute, he's got a new Renfield on there at the moment following him around demanding our relegation , a 21 point deduction and minimum 10 million fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.