EFL appeal

Sith Happens

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Absolutely madness and a joke isn’t it when u read it back like that 

so if this Panel finds us guilty can we ask for a 3rd and deciding panel .. just to drag it on a bit further and in the interests of fairness or can the efl just keep asking til they get the decision they like 

no this is the end of the road, literally

What I dont understand is if the club knew about the appeal loss (even if not the punishment) why the constant release of posts on social media etc about staying up and the obvious relief from MM on Saturday. If everyone has known for days this makes no sense at all if there is even a chance of a points deduction for this season? Perhaps reason for "basket case" reference

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

What I dont understand is if the club knew about the appeal loss (even if not the punishment) why the constant release of posts on social media etc about staying up and the obvious relief from MM on Saturday. If everyone has known for days this makes no sense at all if there is even a chance of a points deduction for this season? Perhaps reason for "basket case" reference

I suppose it is the question do you want to start out at minus something in the Champ or in Div 1

Apart from anything else, it must cost us a fortune in legal fees & other advice

The EFL need to understand their own rules & apply them consistently. It’s no good for us or any club to keep having to go through this

2 minutes ago, falconram said:

Not sure but didn't Swindon get docked and relegated after the season finished

this one?

1990 - Swindon Town were denied a place in the First Division after admitting 36 breaches of FA rules. In what would have been their first ever season in the top flight, they were initially demoted to the third tier before being allowed to stay in the second on appeal

different rules

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

If we were getting a points deduction then we'd have pushed for the win at the end of the game rather than sitting on a draw wouldn't we. Mel wouldnt have been joyous and Stephen Pearce wouldn't have been moved to tears. Relax.

only if it was a 2 points deduction

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-efl-appeal-breaking-5395684

A report stating that the EFL have won their appeal. SO there you have it folks, we're guilty as charged. The accounts they signed off on and were accepted as being within the rules by virtue of an independent tribunal, have now been deemed to be unacceptable. 

In other news, I've just decided that we in fact won the league. Open-roof bus anyone?

Am I imaging things but didn't Pearce say in an interview a couple of months back, to a question regarding why the accounts hadn't been published, that we have both ways ready, just waiting for EFL appeal. If that's the case, surely he wouldn't have mentioned that if it was going to be an issue?

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If we were getting a points deduction then we'd have pushed for the win at the end of the game rather than sitting on a draw wouldn't we. Mel wouldnt have been joyous and Stephen Pearce wouldn't have been moved to tears. Relax.

You're correct. I can't see anyway why they would rush through a point deduction this season, for us being guilty in a period 16-19. It's like we're cheating the system now. A points deduction will likely come to fruition next season but at least we know what we will need to survive. 

An EFL season does not officially end until the AGM, normally held a week or so after the play off finals. Only at this point are relegations and promotions ratified and the process of drawing up fixtures for the new season begins.

Technically, the EFL could impose any sanction up to the point of the AGM vote that accepts the season's final standings.

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

Am I imaging things but didn't Pearce say in an interview a couple of months back, to a question regarding why the accounts hadn't been published, that we have both ways ready, just waiting for EFL appeal. If that's the case, surely he wouldn't have mentioned that if it was going to be an issue?

I can't remember, but it's a logical reason for not filing the accounts is that we've got 2 sets and will file the ones the appeal says we have to once we know the outcome.

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The EFL is inept but that doesn’t make us right.

Well no, what makes us right is...  actually being right!

We followed all the rules put before us, the rule makers signed off on every action we took.

They did this more than once.

The only thing makes us 'wrong' is a retrospective alteration of the rules, and not having psychic powers.