Jack Marriott returns to Derby, then goes back to Wednesday

Carl Sagan

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Very balanced.  It must also have been a thankless task making runs for through balls that never happen under cocu tactics. 

If he ever gets fit for a period of time, then he'd have seen yesterday's passing - quite a few defence splitting balls mainly messed up by Holmes in the 1st half - and wished to be back.

Just still can't shake the thought he's a sicknote down to him not training well enough. *shrugs*

So the odds of us selling him on decrease and I can't see him wanting to take less wages to stay.....not that he has done much to warrant a new contract especially with this injury record.

Another P&S loss on the cards then ? brilliant. Feels like we need to find two strikers /CFs in this next window and hopefully BZG are in and able to pay for it

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he ever gets fit for a period of time, then he'd have seen yesterday's passing - quite a few defence splitting balls mainly messed up by Holmes in the 1st half - and wished to be back.

Just still can't shake the thought he's a sicknote down to him not training well enough. *shrugs*

my thoughts on the opportunities, he is definitely better facing forward but his confidence seems shot, he could score off his shin knee or ar5e, didn't seem to matter

Truly hope Marriott, assuming the character assassinations are correct, is fully self aware by now that his career will fizzle out to nothing unless he grasps the upcoming managerial change as an opportunity for a fresh start and chance to reinvent himself. 

I firmly and truly believe, as with Tom Lawrence, there’s a bloody good player in there, with natural talent and instinct. 

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Truly hope Marriott, assuming the character assassinations are correct, is fully self aware by now that his career will fizzle out to nothing unless he grasps the upcoming managerial change as an opportunity for a fresh start and chance to reinvent himself. 

I firmly and truly believe, as with Tom Lawrence, there’s a bloody good player in there, with natural talent and instinct. 

I think you could be right. I think with both individuals, the problem lies between their ears. 

27 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Maybe Rooney has realised we don't have a type of striker who can or is willing to run in behind (this was evident yesterday). And he has been in touch with Marriott to feign injury. 

Wow. You credit Rooney with intelligence? We again played with 10 men due to his involvement. The sooner he disappears the better for me.

Marriott, soon found out and sent packing back home. He is not up to it and is living on his past with Posh.

It’s a turning point in his career . He’s only 26 and his best years as a striker should be ahead of him. As a previous poster said, he’s a natural finisher, low on confidence and not receiving the service he needs to score. He should come back to Derby and prove himself. 

He doesn't fit the Pulis profile 6 3” and 14 stone. 

35 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I thought he signed on a season long loan. If so he may well be heading back to Sheffield when he’s better unless all parties agree something different aka we get some money. 

The bit in the Telegraph had him saying 'in his head he was there all season' ?but the reality was there's opportunity to send him back/recall in January.

1 hour ago, Pearson. said:

Wow. You credit Rooney with intelligence? We again played with 10 men due to his involvement. The sooner he disappears the better for me.

Marriott, soon found out and sent packing back home. He is not up to it and is living on his past with Posh.

That’s harsh because he was better than the front four.

4 hours ago, RammingStone66 said:

Another P&S loss on the cards then ? brilliant. Feels like we need to find two strikers /CFs in this next window and hopefully BZG are in and able to pay for it

This is something we need to be aware of though, just because we may have rich owners doesn’t mean they can spend it because of how close we sail to P&S/FFP

Archived