Jack Marriott returns to Derby, then goes back to Wednesday

Carl Sagan

@ossierammentioned this in the loan thread, but it might have been missed. Jack's back! On the pretext that But he has a calf injury that will keep him out until the new year (when his loan will likely be ended).

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/another-sheffield-wednesday-man-ruled-out-year-jack-marriott-has-returned-Derby-county-3043552

With a new regime at Derby and Sheffield Wednesday, this seems best for all parties. Even from the treatment room, it's possible Marriott can be involved in our future plans. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another lazy so and so, Lampard said he did not train hard enough, that sums it up for me, if u are not going to learn from an all time great who will u learn from, my mate is a Owl said no way should they buy him, at best a sub for then, Mel really did buy us some poo, that recruitment team he set up was dog awful, be glad now when the new owners come in, Mel is no Lionel Pickering that is a fact. 

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Another lazy so and so, Lampard said he did not train hard enough, that sums it up for me, if u are not going to learn from an all time great who will u learn from, my mate is a Owl said no way should they buy him, at best a sub for then, Mel really did buy us some poo, that recruitment team he set up was dog awful, be glad now when the new owners come in, Mel is no Lionel Pickering that is a fact. 

As poo as Marriott may be, he's still the only player to score an open play goal for us this season... (bar Shinnie's second phase free kick). 

10 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Marriott was signed on the recommendation of Terry who'd played against him for Villa when he scored two and was impressed.  Last year he was injured more often than not.  This year he never had a prayer early doors and had to keep going out wide to actually touch the ball. Maybe Wednesday saw this which is why they've been sticking him out wide instead of upfront which seems odd.  Put him back in our team with a couple of decent wingers and balls into space and across the box he will score goals, he already has playing with Mount who was on his wavelength.

I can't see him as a lazy player either.   If anything he looks low on confidence and trying too hard.

I don’t want to engage in the rumours of him being lazy etc. I would guess that half way through the Lampard season Frank looked at what Marriott was bringing to the table and didn’t particularly rate it. 

Other than that 8 match period where he was unplayable and Leeds he’s shown nothing to suggest he will be a regular chart topper at championship level. If the £5m fee is correct we’ve had another blinder in the transfer market. 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Marriott was signed on the recommendation of Terry who'd played against him for Villa when he scored two and was impressed.  Last year he was injured more often than not.  This year he never had a prayer early doors and had to keep going out wide to actually touch the ball. Maybe Wednesday saw this which is why they've been sticking him out wide instead of upfront which seems odd.  Put him back in our team with a couple of decent wingers and balls into space and across the box he will score goals, he already has playing with Mount who was on his wavelength.

I can't see him as a lazy player either.   If anything he looks low on confidence and trying too hard.

Very balanced.  It must also have been a thankless task making runs for through balls that never happen under cocu tactics.  Maybe he’s no good now but I can’t shake that feeling that the player we saw early on is still in there somewhere.  Shipping him out at a large loss will do nobody any good

Archived