Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Warnock is an expert at stopping teams playing their usual game.

As our usual game doesn't involve us creating anything, I'm looking forward to a goal fest.

Boro 1-4 Derby

Lawrence manages to not shoot a defender and the goalie is so surprised he just watches it trickle in. Then it gets even better as Rooney subs himself off. Boro come back into it but in the second half CKR starts to channel Chris Martin and sets up the next 2 for Jozwiak and Knight and right at the death we break and counter as time is running out and Knight gets his second.

Or we might just lose 2-0 and the R&R believers will see more improvment, and the skeptics will not.

Jokes on him even we don't know what our usual game is. Good luck trying to stop whatever it is we do.

My pick V Expected

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Knight Bird

Waghorn Sibley Jozwiak

Triallist

Need Sibley in to get us a goal from nothing, Joz to continue his international form, and triallists enthusiasm.

Rooney was okay today but really he's got to be behind Knight, Shinnie and Bird in the reckoning. Can make a case for all them to be in, him not so much.

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Bird Rooney

Knight Lawrence Jozwiak

Waghorn

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

image.png.21e0f52d9484b7e25c58fbd2664cb105.png

As much as I'd like them to play 4-3-3, I think they need a system they're familiar with at the moment. It was there best performance of the season last game so I wouldn't change too much. The main problem currently is the end product of 3 behind the striker.

i would bench lawrence though. Play Jozwiak on his preferred left side, Waghorn on right, Kazim or Hector-Ingram up top as Waghorn seems to have been struggling holding the ball up and making runs into box lately.

Marshall

Byrne Davies Clarke Buchanan

Rooney Bird

Knight Sibley Whittaker

Hector-Ingram

Harsh on Wisdom, but this is a Neil Warnock side, so we’re going to need to deal with aerial threat. Davies has to be in for that reason really. I’d also like to see someone else at right back personally, I think Byrne has been ineffective going forward, but we don’t really have any other options. Going forward, I’d much rather see Knight and Sibley as a midfield pairing, but that’s never going to happen since Rooney has to play. So sadly, the only way we’re going to see Knight and Sibley play, is if Knight plays on the right. What a waste. But yeah, obviously Sibley in for Holmes who was poor today, and similar Whittaker in for Lawrence who amazingly got every decision in the final third wrong. Waghorn isn’t working up front, so Hector-Ingram comes in to get the chance he deserves, and give all the young lads a go as a front 4.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Going forward, I’d much rather see Knight and Sibley as a midfield pairing

I like most of your post but I assume this is an error... Knight and Sibley without Bird? You can't have 2 runners and no sitter in a midfield pairing.

Some consistency in team selection is needed so I doubt we'll change more than two. Bielik and Jozwiak in for Rooney and Holmes.

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bielik 

Knight   Bird

Jozwiak   Waghorn   Lawrence

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Davies, Forsyth, Shinnie, Sibley, Holmes, Whittaker, Rooney

Archived