Middlesbrough v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Chris_Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its time. Out Rooney goes & in come the midfield trio of Knight, Bird & Sibley. They provide energy, are able to control the game & Knight/Sibley further forward in central midfield gives us a better goal threat.

Also believe we need to give CKR his chance. We have virtually no presence up top at the minute, he changes that & provides a platform for the returning Jozwiak (Lawrence rested), Waggy wide right, Knight & Sibley to play off. 

Back 5 stay the same. No more tinkering there please.

20201122_080858.jpg.63ce8c83d4a540336d74ad0bcdf4006b.jpg

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Its time. Out Rooney goes & in come the midfield trio of Knight, Bird & Sibley. They provide energy, are able to control the game & Knight/Sibley further forward in central midfield gives us a better goal threat.

Also believe we need to give CKR his chance. We have virtually no presence up top at the minute, he changes that & provides a platform for the returning Jozwiak (Lawrence rested), Waggy wide right, Knight & Sibley to play off. 

Back 5 stay the same. No more tinkering there please.

20201122_080858.jpg.63ce8c83d4a540336d74ad0bcdf4006b.jpg

Bielik for Bird, Ibe for KR ?

10 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Do you understand what a false 9 is? 

I don’t, never understood it. Why would you play without a recognised forward is beyond me 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bielik for Bird, Ibe for KR ?

Think Bird's more disciplined than Bielik (positionally & temperament) and is better suited to controlling tempo in front of the back 4 (better at receiving possession with his back to the play for example). Is a case for them both starting but our most urgent need is to start scoring goals which having Knight and Sibley more advanced & tasked with breaking into the box whenever possible, should improve.

Not sure Ibe is fit but like Ive said, its the presence up top we totally lack at the min. CKR will help others to play & secure us more touches in their final 3rd. Is all about blend.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just checked, I don’t think it is....the Coventry game is on 1st December...

Cheers, so it seems.

I feel bad for thinking i dont want to pay, having had a season ticket for years I have always been in the camp of you go and see your team to support them, not to just seem them win, but I am really struggling with motivation right now. I think a lot of it is to do with empty stadiums too.

Ill probably pay, its just a bit rubbish right now.

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Think Bird's more disciplined than Bielik (positionally & temperament) and is better suited to controlling tempo in front of the back 4 (better at receiving possession with his back to the play for example). Is a case for them both starting but our most urgent need is to start scoring goals which having Knight and Sibley more advanced & tasked with breaking into the box whenever possible, should improve.

Not sure Ibe is fit but like Ive said, its the presence up top we totally lack at the min. CKR will help others to play & secure us more touches in their final 3rd. Is all about blend.

Just don’t think CKR is the answer, worth giving Ibe a go in his preferred position. Bielik will give us the presence in midfield, will shield the back 4 enabling Knight and Sibley to move further up the field. Won’t happen though as Rooney will have to play and that messes the whole formation up and slows everything down to a pedestrian pace ?

Just now, Sith Happens said:

Cheers, so it seems.

I feel bad for thinking i dont want to pay, having had a season ticket for years I have always been in the camp of you go and see your team to support them, not to just seem them win, but I am really struggling with motivation right now. I think a lot of it is to do with empty stadiums too.

Ill probably pay, its just a bit rubbish right now.

Yes, agreed. Life is not great at the moment, the Rams plight is not helping ?

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t, never understood it. Why would you play without a recognised forward is beyond me 

Barcelona, Roma, Spain, Chelsea, Liverpool..

Many sides have played with a false 9 and had great success. 

We have the players to suit the system. 

Archived