Sunderland, Ipswich , Hull

bucktwo

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We smack of Ipswich right now. A large proportion of fans won't accept a pragmatic approach and would rather us go down than appoint a big sam etc. Full of young players who have potential but who shouldn't have the pressures of trying to single handily get us results. I'm starting to accept our fate.

6 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

All in the first division . 

Don't ever think we are too good, too big or too egotistical to be relegated. 

Agreed, we are in a mess of that there’s no doubt. 
Let’s hope the wheels are in motion to clear house throughout and give us a fighting chance of resurrecting this season before the damage is irreparable. 
The clock is ticking 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think he's up to it, he's not been in work for a couple of years and we've not exactly got a squad he'd relish?

I think he'd have dark arts up his sleeve to keep us up. Whether he's the man long term is debateable but the alarm bells are ringing and he's a safe bet..if such things exist.

The length of time Sunderland have been down there makes it even more concerning as well. All those fans who were saying we don’t need to worry because we won’t go down a few weeks ago are absolute idiots in my opinion. Anyone can get relegated, and we look very likely to the way we’re going at the moment. This isn’t just a bad start, this is one of the worst starts I’ve ever seen a championship team have. I mean we’ve only scored 1 goal from open play ffs! It all feels very Sunderland at the moment...

Don't forget Portsmouth (average 20k crowds in L1) and Charlton (average 20k in the championship). I've always liked Oxfords ground, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

We are just the new Ipswich. Guess who held all the records for most Championship playoff appearances, most failed Championship playoff appearances and most seasons in the Championship before us. We're just on the same path as them.

On 21/11/2020 at 17:23, TomTom92 said:

We smack of Ipswich right now. A large proportion of fans won't accept a pragmatic approach and would rather us go down than appoint a big sam etc. Full of young players who have potential but who shouldn't have the pressures of trying to single handily get us results. I'm starting to accept our fate.

Ipswich spent 7 years treading water with Mick McCarthy in charge, they don't come more pragmatic than that

28 minutes ago, chezzyram said:

Ipswich spent 7 years treading water with Mick McCarthy in charge, they don't come more pragmatic than that

Mick McCarthy should be given the freedom of Ipswich for what he did there. The fact he kept them mildly competitive with the constraints he had was proof hes a good manager. Served them right they got relegated as soon as they got rid. 

1 hour ago, chezzyram said:

He had them in the play offs if I remember. I also remember seeing Ipswich fans on Twitter say they’d rather go down than watch him anymore. That’s going well for them. 

25 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

He had them in the play offs if I remember. I also remember seeing Ipswich fans on Twitter say they’d rather go down than watch him anymore. That’s going well for them. 

Therein lies the conundrum I suppose. I don't disagree that someone with MM's pedigree would inject some bottle into the team and get us out of the hole we are currently in, but where do you go from there? Nigel was similarly pragmatic and did a good job in difficult circumstances, Clement was safety first, Rowett played the percentages and Cocu was methodical to the point of stasis and they all had one thing in common - a large part of the fan base got bored and wanted entertainment and change. Once the fans become disenfranchised it's a slippery slope. It's no coincidence that many on this forum advocate the return of Mac3. I have no idea what the answer to our predicament is unless we can unearth an undiscovered Jurgen Klopp

There is no doubt we are heading for League 1 just like Sunderland did a few seasons ago. Even if we get takeover done and a new manager in we still have the same players no goal scorer and we are very low on confidence. We need an experienced manager and come January new or loan experienced players to survive in this division. If Rooney becomes manager then we are doomed. 

Archived