• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

If we played 4-3-3, what a spine this would be:

Sibley Knight

Bird

Clarke Bielik

Marshall

Add a top quality striker and we have something really promising to build off.

This is it, we are 1 striker and 1 manager who can pick the right players in the right places away from being a good championship side.

It won't take a lot to fix it, it's just how far from safety we are when we finally make the changes needed.

Should of been Lawrence on left knight in middle and Holmes wide right, knights energy drives us in and however he tries on the wing he's not as effective

Waghorn is not a 9 and should stick to wide right where he's been more effective for us, wrong team selection today for me and hopefully the 4 managers will work on for Wednesday 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's quite clear he is being pushed out wide to accommodate others, but the players being accommodated arent good enough for that to be a worthy decision.

In Knight we have 1 hell of a prospect and a little like Sibley, we are holding back their progression.

Sibley is another one, over our last 20 games it wouldnt surprise me if Sibley is our top goal scorer, would be interesting to know if that is the case? But, in an attack that is about as potent as an impotent 80 year old after a night on the gear, I cant understand how Sibley doesnt make the 11?

Bielik holding, Knight and Sibley attacking Mids.

8 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Everything needed to be said on this has been in 3 comments. Think if Wayne wants to give management a go he needs to get on the sidelines. Not scapegoating him for today but he's too slow to help our cause. Think @Jourdancries for us needing a decent centre mid might be called for. On paper we have more than enough in the middle to get results yet none of them apart from Knight have performed in the slightest (if you exclude Shinnie's hard working no goal threat performances) which are good if others can contribute in the final third.

Bird / Bielik plus Knight and Sibley should be our midfield three until further notice.

It’s a risk pinning all of the responsibility on the shoulders of the young players but it’s a necessary one until we can strengthen.

If Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn don’t score, where are the goals coming from?

That’s why you have to have Knight and Sibley ahead of Rooney and Holmes. They are far less experienced, but as players they offer more threat and can do it on a more consistent basis.

Funnily enough, if you combined Rooney’s and Holmes’s strengths, you’d probably have the most complete player in the division. And if you combined their weaknesses, you’d probably have the worst player in the division.

But as they are, neither are really bringing enough to the table to put our unequivocal trust behind them.

5 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Bird / Bielik plus Knight and Sibley should be our midfield three until further notice.

It’s a risk pinning all of the responsibility on the shoulders of the young players but it’s a necessary one until we can strengthen.

If Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Waghorn don’t score, where are the goals coming from?

100% this. Bird's inclusion yesterday gave us the control that we've been missing for weeks & a key reason why Bristol were struggling to get the ball for much of the match. Knight has been impressive in recent games in the centre & Sibley's willingness to take the ball & run opens space up to create opportunities. Those 3 provide a good blend, lots of energy and intent.

Like others, I really dont think we're far away from clicking but there are some core mistakes being made with selection. A couple of those were addressed with Bird & Wisdom returning.

There are still serious issues with our front 3 & the most fundamental is up top. Waghorn just isnt giving us enough there and looks happier out right. I fully appreciate Kazim-Richards was far from the signing most wanted but I am totally confused why he hasnt started yet. He's a big strong lad, reasonably mobile, technically fine, bit of niggle about him...we need a platform for others to play off and a presence up top to occupy defenders. I would start him Wednesday if he's fit.

Archived