Jason Knight centre mid

MackworthRamIsGod

It isnt so flipping hard, is it?

Infact I'll edit this to be a little more constructive.

Our midfield from our available options should be Bird, Knight and I'd play Sibley there too.

If Bielik is fit then a midfield of Bird, Bielik and Knight.

Our whole midfield should be built around Knight and the fact people who are paid lots of money cant see it is beyond me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have no idea what the obsession with putting him on the wing is. He isn't quick, his delivery from wide isn't particularly good.

His strengths are work rate, tackling, retaining possession & bursting into the box as a goal threat - all things that you'd want a central midfielder to do.

Another example of the 'new regime' doing exactly the same as previously.

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I have no idea what the obsession with putting him on the wing is. He isn't quick, his delivery from wide isn't particularly good.

His strengths are work rate, tackling, retaining possession & bursting into the box as a goal threat - all things that you'd want a central midfielder to do.

Another example of the 'new regime' doing exactly the same as previously.

It's quite clear he is being pushed out wide to accommodate others, but the players being accommodated arent good enough for that to be a worthy decision.

In Knight we have 1 hell of a prospect and a little like Sibley, we are holding back their progression.

Sibley is another one, over our last 20 games it wouldnt surprise me if Sibley is our top goal scorer, would be interesting to know if that is the case? But, in an attack that is about as potent as an impotent 80 year old after a night on the gear, I cant understand how Sibley doesnt make the 11?

12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Infact I'll edit this to be a little more constructive.

Our midfield from our available options should be Bird, Knight and I'd play Sibley there too.

If Bielik is fit then a midfield of Bird, Bielik and Knight.

Our whole midfield should be built around Knight and the fact people who are paid lots of money cant see it is beyond me.

Wouldn’t change a word of this. Spot on. 

Everything needed to be said on this has been in 3 comments. Think if Wayne wants to give management a go he needs to get on the sidelines. Not scapegoating him for today but he's too slow to help our cause. Think @Jourdancries for us needing a decent centre mid might be called for. On paper we have more than enough in the middle to get results yet none of them apart from Knight have performed in the slightest (if you exclude Shinnie's hard working no goal threat performances) which are good if others can contribute in the final third.

I agree Knight is being wasted and it limits our attack too.  I am surprised to find myself writing that Bird and Rooney were very good today.  Nevertheless, knight should be paired with one of those.  As for Sibley, I would have started him today but idk his best position.

If Jozwiak and Ibe were available, he wouldn’t have played there. Guessing they saw it as a needs must, didn’t fancy starting Whittaker. 

Knight is an energetic player, can cover ground which is why he’s been chosen for that role. 

Personally I would have put Waghorn out wide and JHI a start up front, a player that loves a goal and hasn’t been involved a lot with the first team for his confidence to take a knock.

5 minutes ago, David said:

If Jozwiak and Ibe were available, he wouldn’t have played there. Guessing they saw it as a needs must, didn’t fancy starting Whittaker. 

Knight is an energetic player, can cover ground which is why he’s been chosen for that role. 

Personally I would have put Waghorn out wide and JHI a start up front, a player that loves a goal and hasn’t been involved a lot with the first team for his confidence to take a knock.

I agree with Waghorn out wide, it isnt quite happening for him up top, he has pace, can cross and definitely agree with JHI up top.

Sibley, as much as I want him in that team, I do understand it's hard fitting him in anywhere, but this is the Rowett/Pearson/Will Hughes thing all over again, more about the system than the player. We will end up selling him for well under his value to a lower Prem team and will forever regret it.

42 minutes ago, David said:

The worrying thing is I think if Jozwiak and Ibe were available then Knight wouldn't have played at all.

They use him to plug holes. Not fair really

51 minutes ago, David said:

I thought Whittaker did OK when he came on, I’d be tempted to give him a start on the right, with KJ on the left on Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The worrying thing is I think if Jozwiak and Ibe were available then Knight wouldn't have played at all.

They use him to plug holes. Not fair really

Hard to say, might have played instead of Holmes?

I don’t think 4-2-3-1 is a formation that suits him that well, he’s not a holding midfielder, nor is he a number 10.

I think Knight would be best if we played a 4-3-3. Given our lack of goals I don't understand the persistence with playing 2 holding midfielders, it just slows the game down. We don't have the talent to pick the passes needed when playing a slow pace game. We need to have runners breaking from midfield to support the attackers. For me, that is Knight and a.n.other (maybe sibley). 

Knight is a victim of his own versatility but he is better in the middle and whilst we are at it Bird is our long term option with him which leaves Belick being transferred in the summer ( remember he said he he would leave if we weren’t in he premiership by the summer - hopefully he has good euros so we get decent money but he will be gone 

Archived