Cocu out!

IslandExile

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is based on the fact that away from home against a top 6 team we are expected to win?

Or just that you have to continue along the same lines even though it was clear today was a different game. If only we had a decent striker up top.

Not at all. I wasn’t expecting us to win today. Even with Bristol City having a COVID crisis and not training for most of the week.

I am consistent with my opinion because nothing has swayed it. I’m glad Cocu has gone but I’ll also be glad when Rooney and Rosenior have gone too or at least have a more peripheral influence. It’s basically the Wayne Rooney Show at the moment.

Now we might go out and get 4-6 points from the next two and the credit will come for Rooney and Rosenior and these ‘improvements’ you speak of.

But I don’t see it. For all their talk of change, the end result is much the same. Cocu will have had a little giggle at their expense with a glass of white wine tonight.

I don’t dispute we need a striker and a midfielder. But we have 10 games before the window even opens, so really what we need desperately is for a new manager with a new backroom team to shake things up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Put one of them in charge then. It’s not 1900, we don’t do management by committee anymore.

It's either been done to protect the one who is actually calling the shots from criticism, or none of them had the stones to say they wanted to be the interim boss on their own. Neither option is encouraging.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

It's either been done to protect the one who is actually calling the shots from criticism, or none of them had the stones to say they wanted to be the interim boss on their own. Neither option is encouraging.

I’d say it’s so Rooney can say he’s the manager. Because everything has to revolve around him. 

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s basically the Wayne Rooney Show at the moment.

Yeah much rather it was the Dwayne Holmes show or the Waghorn show.

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But I don’t see it. For all their talk of change, the end result is much the same. Cocu will have had a little giggle at their expense with a glass of white wine tonight.

You didn't see it? Ah well none so blind... Cocu isn't the type to have a little giggle - your bitterness is showing.

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah much rather it was the Dwayne Holmes show or the Waghorn show.

You didn't see it? Ah well none so blind... Cocu isn't the type to have a little giggle - your bitterness is showing.

My bitterness is showing? What bitterness?

I am upset that we are bottom of the league. Plain and simple.

I’ll be happier when a new manager and a new backroom team are appointed and I feel confident we’ll start moving up the league.

If I wasn’t a big fan of Cocu for large spells of his time here, why is it such a shock that I’d be against two of his key staff steering the ship?

As much as Rooney and Rosenior want to suggest they are new, shiny and revolutionary in their ideas and on a different wavelength to Cocu, the evidence of that really does remain to be seen.

Just now, Jourdan said:

If I wasn’t a big fan of Cocu for large spells of his time here, why is it such a shock that I’d be against two of his key staff steering the ship?

We should get rid of all the players Cocu picked too!

If the staff get the blame for the managements decisions why bother having management?

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

My bitterness is showing? What bitterness?

I am upset that we are bottom of the league. Plain and simple.

I’ll be happier when a new manager and a new backroom team are appointed and I feel confident we’ll start moving up the league.

As much as Rooney and Rosenior want to suggest they are new, shiny and revolutionary in their ideas and on a different wavelength to Cocu, the evidence of that really does remain to be seen.

After one match???

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

After one match???

Like I’ve said in previous posts, if Rooney and Rosenior and the interim team start to get results, they will get plenty of credit, from myself included.

For me, I don’t see it happening and I firmly believe we need a clean break and the sooner the better.

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Rooney and rosenoir have been a major part of  the coaching team for way more than one match.

New broom needed to sweep away the pile of crap that’s built up

How quickly do you think the squad can get a decent level of fitness to press for a whole game? How many games to stop the players opting for the 'safe pass'? Who plays up front?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How quickly do you think the squad can get a decent level of fitness to press for a whole game? How many games to stop the players opting for the 'safe pass'? Who plays up front?

If I knew I’d apply for the manager job !

i think Rooney  and rosenoir need to start answering these questions and sooner rather than later

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

It’s basically the Wayne Rooney Show at the moment.

If this is the Wayne Rooney Show, can someone please change the channel??

Seriously though I do wish that the BBC (among others) would stop referring to us as Rooney's Derby County. 

How can you have Rooney and Rosenoir go on about this new identity all week and blah blah and then on Saturday run around a little bit more and a couple times play with a bit more urgency. If one of them gets the job then get ready for league 1. At least the lads if Rooney gets the job we could have the next christmas party at the old folks home in Derby. 

Archived