Our Attacking Players

wollatonram

4 hours ago, wollatonram said:

We have scored 1 (ONE) goal from open play all season. That is shocking. My opinion which may be unpopular is that every single one of them is overrated. We have so many players that can't finish, we have so many players that attacks just end everytime the ball is given to them. 

I think every club builds up players but Mel has left us this season with a squad unequiped for the championship, from attack to defence (the 'long term plan' has always been a cop out for not having to put any money into the club while he finds a buyer).

You can blame the managers, but like at the start of the season it was obvious to see. Our squad has been underfunded for too long. We have too many young players that are not proven and it will only end badly if no funding is provided for proven players in January.

I am seriously worried about the future of this club, you can employ any manager they will not get this club scoring goals without new players and investment.

And even then you can’t rely on the shambles of our recruiting team

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, David said:

Pardon?

We’ve pushed FFP to the limit, so far the stadium was moved to a different company which triggered Steve Gibson.

Out of all the criticisms anyone could make, underfunded we have not been.

Absolutely. It's not underfunding, it's mismanagement, lack of strategy, poor recruitment, misspent funds etc. etc.

What has happened with Louie Sibley?

I am really surprised that he has gone from being a key player and the star of this team to getting 5-10 minutes here and there.

Was there more to the Leeds interest than we were told? Was his pre-season injury worse than we were told?

I joked at the time that he would be affected by the Leeds move not going through, but something is definitely not right.

Any ideas?

I have been saying about the hole that Martin left in our team and it got shunned by a few people on here. The quicker we realise that that 1 position alone will answer more than 50% of our problems the less time people can stop trying to find a scapegoat.

I watched the Derby County review show on YouTube the other day and it was good to see Shaun Barker echoing my thoughts exactly. To let Martin go without a direct replacement was honestly the dumbest decision I've seen since we let Hughes go for 50p.

We need a target man and fast or else we will be playing league 1 next season

Just now, Carnero said:

Yep. And people scoffed when we were linked with Steven Fletcher & Kiefer Moore ?

I'd say 70% of fans don't actually understand the dynamics of what makes a team like ours work and this is why players like that will get over looked. To most, they look at players scoring record and that dictates their judgement.. for our team, the best player we were linked with was Davis at Villa. Big, Strong, tricky, bit of pace, everything we are missing now.

I hope something happens in January ? 

33 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

What has happened with Louie Sibley?

I am really surprised that he has gone from being a key player and the star of this team to getting 5-10 minutes here and there.

Was there more to the Leeds interest than we were told? Was his pre-season injury worse than we were told?

I joked at the time that he would be affected by the Leeds move not going through, but something is definitely not right.

Any ideas?

Nothing happened, it’s what you get with young players - and it’s why your squad shouldn’t be built around them

23 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

It doesn't help when Lawrence is intent on shooting from 30 yards or trying to dribble through five opposition players at every opportunity. Honestly don't know what it takes for him to be dropped.

Its because he's got nothing to aim at.. he's a match winner and when you've only got individual attributes to work with, that's why he does it. He needs someone to play off so he can get into the positions where he's most dangerous

4 minutes ago, SK47 said:

Its because he's got nothing to aim at.. he's a match winner and when you've only got individual attributes to work with, that's why he does it. He needs someone to play off so he can get into the positions where he's most dangerous

Buchanan offered numerous overlaps for him today, which he just refused to take advantage of. It's not difficult to push the ball out wide so the overlapping full back can cross it in, but he seems unable to see this.

To be honest, I don't know why after three years of it I'm still getting frustrated - it's clear he'll never learn, not unless a manager makes the mind blowing decision to drop him so he can actually reflect on how he can improve. 

My mum often says footballers aren't the cleverest of people, and I would say Tom Lawrence is the epitome of this. 

We need to be braver in selection. The young players who have been given an opportunity are our best players. More please

bird played himself right back in. Knight is established and shouldn’t be pushed wide. We need to put Sibley in. It’s so obvious that’s it’s painful to watch the last manager and the current regime getting it so wrong. We have to recognise that these three are the future. 
whittaker has looked good everytime he plays. Jozwiak has potential. Let’s have all of them. 

please please please can we move on from Tom lawrence and co. 

I know CKR isnt prolific but surely he is worth giving a chance to. He is more than capable of playing a similar role to Martin and has more pace to offer a threat behind too. Would at least give us a focal point and presence in the box.

On paper Waghorn Lawrence Jozwiak Ibe CKR Holmes Sibley Knight Whittaker + Duncan JHI Stretton are not bad attacking options. I am a big Chris Martin fan but he is the only main attacking player missing from last season & he only played half of it so surely we should be getting more out the attacking options mentioned as majority of them helped us to a top 10 finish last year.

Against Boro id go with Jozwiak Knight Waggy behind CKR

23 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know CKR isnt prolific but surely he is worth giving a chance to. He is more than capable of playing a similar role to Martin and has more pace to offer a threat behind too. Would at least give us a focal point and presence in the box.

On paper Waghorn Lawrence Jozwiak Ibe CKR Holmes Sibley Knight Whittaker + Duncan JHI Stretton are not bad attacking options. I am a big Chris Martin fan but he is the only main attacking player missing from last season & he only played half of it so surely we should be getting more out the attacking options mentioned as majority of them helped us to a top 10 finish last year.

Against Boro id go with Jozwiak Knight Waggy behind CKR

On paper means nothing. In reality, it's the worst Championship attacking threat since the Championship was formed.

12 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Pretty sure in the QPR game our crossing was just as woeful.

Frustrating beyond words. To consistently not hit an area the size of my living room. How? Forget hitting Waghorns head but how can you not get it within 4m of Waghorn at all??!! 

Some of these situations they had so much space it might as well have been a free kick!! 

Archived