Another Rooney Thread, Sorry, Not Sorry

David

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Will share one more as it’s spot on.

The Wayne Rooney show is the fans fault by making everything about him, then blaming him for it. Makes no sense.

Just try to be fair. Couldn’t agree more. 

How you can blame the fans for the current situation we are in baffles me - I think this is such a poor excuse.

If we are to be “fair” where was he fronting up yesterday? If he wants the managers role where was he? It’s only fair it gets questioned. 

Poor show this pinning this on the fans, the club has treated the fans with contempt for months with regards refunds etc.... now you’re telling us to be “fair”

Just now, Mafiabob said:

How you can blame the fans for the current situation we are in baffles me - I think this is such a poor excuse.

If we are to be “fair” where was he fronting up yesterday? If he wants the managers role where was he? It’s only fair it gets questioned. 

Poor show this pinning this on the fans, the club has treated the fans with contempt for months with regards refunds etc.... now you’re telling us to be “fair”

Read what I wrote, then ask yourself what has any of your reply got to do with that. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

He played fairly well, that doesn’t mean his inclusion in midfield isn’t detrimental to the balance of the team.

I’ve got nothing against him and he’s the most technically gifted player in our squad. Problem is when he plays in midfield he’s a hindrance, he has to have someone next to him doing the dirty work and limits out options. 

Personally I’d play him up top as we don’t have anyone else there and it gives our midfield more flexibility!

Repeating myself, but if he had said something along the lines of... 'I am still primarily a player with lots to learn about being a manager but I will help out in any way til we get the right new man in'... then I would be nothing but supportive of him. 

But my feeling is he thinks he is in line for the job. He/they picked himself yesterday which slows down the play and requires someone to do his running. In the press conference his (possibly unintentional) body language gave me the impression he considers himself the senior partner. He has never distanced himself from reports about wanting to be a manager (easy enough to say, yes I do but not yet). He doesn't carry himself as a manager nor put himself across well. He has no experience and is being paid handsomely to be a player. 

On the plus side...he is here already. All his other plus points (experience, character, goals, profile) are more useful as a player and that hasn't even transferred fantastically recently, why they would translate better as a manager I'm not sure. 

Get a proper manager in. Tell Wayne that's the plan and see if he gets behind it. Tbf I would prefer Wayne on his own than this bizaare committee idea though. 

On 21/11/2020 at 13:16, David said:

Think we should all get off his back a little and get behind him and this team player or manager, the guy is a legend in the game with a Ram on his chest.

Legend he may but what the hell has that got to do with Derby and the present day.

This is the crux of our problem. We have supporters blinded by sentimentality and the misguided output of the national media.

In a sense they are conditioned to believe that we are fortunate in having his involvement. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

No idea who the owners have in mind but I sincerely hope that their advisers have lined up a proven and successful manager. The announcement can't come quick enough for me.

Archived