Another Rooney Thread, Sorry, Not Sorry

Day

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly plays better when he’s deeper in the midfield and has time on the ball. He still has those moments of complete class but he needs to be part of a functioning system if he is to be a worthwhile starter. Not sure we need both Bird and Rooney playing deep when we desperately need men further forward.

Waggy is struggling on his own up top, get a midfielder nearer to him and just play one of Rooney/Bird. 

He wouldn’t have come near us if there wasn’t a £100k a week offer on the table. We’re the closest to home he could get that kind of money.

Sponsors will insist he plays every game regardless of his fitness.

And now he’s in charge of the team at the bottom of the league while his wife battles in court.

I suppose we shouldn’t blame him. We should blame Mr Morris.

18 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

He wouldn’t have come near us if there wasn’t a £100k a week offer on the table. We’re the closest to home he could get that kind of money.

Sponsors will insist he plays every game regardless of his fitness.

And now he’s in charge of the team at the bottom of the league while his wife battles in court.

I suppose we shouldn’t blame him. We should blame Mr Morris.

100k talk is in the media, we don’t know for sure what he’s on. They were claiming Cocu was on 90k pw the other week as well.

As for sponsors insisting, I doubt it, he’s the captain. Captains rarely get dropped. The reason he probably plays every game when fit is down to Cocu valuing his experience on the pitch. 

I mean we see this all the time at every club, X must have pics of the manager naked, X must have a contract which means they play every week when they can’t understand why the player is being picked.

I would put money on it being nothing more than the managers decision.

53 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We have wasted 2 weeks in not getting anyone in..... forgive me if I don’t buy into this Rooney thing and it being rammed down our throats.

We are a shell of a club and it hurts. If anyone thinks this will work then fair enough that’s your choice.

The longer the “takeover” or this 4 way management goes on the less time we have to fix and save this season. We are now a quarter of a way through the season. Big bold decisions need to be made sooner rather than later on all matters Derby County.

Now ain’t the time to chase headlines like what we’ve courted this week and before then, time to think about where we are..... this is the legacy Mel I’m sure didn’t envisage or want. 

Please sort this mess out.

We are a circus, all about publicity. Get your bloody heads down and get on with the job FFS! Hire the best man not the most popular man!

If the new owners come in and appoint rooney the red flags will be alerted

55 minutes ago, desirelines said:

His marketability has brought the eyes of the world onto Derby County, and his on/off field presence has bought us to....the bottom of the league. 

Who knows, we might have been relegated last season had Rooney not come in. If Rooney wasn't here this season we'd be on 4 points instead of 6

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

Who knows, we might have been relegated last season had Rooney not come in. If Rooney wasn't here this season we'd be on 4 points instead of 6

You may well be right like i have said the problem isnt just rooney it is the lack of investment in the squad, compare the squad now to even a few years ago it is worlds apart.

1 minute ago, wollatonram said:

You may well be right like i have said the problem isnt just rooney it is the lack of investment in the squad, compare the squad now to even a few years ago it is worlds apart.

It's easier to blame what's there than what's not there. Never replaced Franks 3 loans, then Keogh, then Martin. Having said that, the teams still good enough to be mid table. Some people are reluctant to blame Cocu because he's such a "nice guy" and the off field incidents etc.. But he has to take blame as well.  

24 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

it is the lack of investment in the squad

So we’re not up against FFP limits then? Second time you’ve alluded to us not spending tonight when those that have been critical of Mel, would say he’s spent far too much.

Not sure how on earth you can say there has been a lack of investment, it’s not even close to be remotely true. And that’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

So we’re not up against FFP limits then? Second time you’ve alluded to us not spending tonight when those that have been critical of Mel, would say he’s spent far too much.

Not sure how on earth you can say there has been a lack of investment, it’s not even close to be remotely true. And that’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. 

It's partly true, the lack of investment both this season and last as the result of FFP has resulted in us being short in certain areas, mainly a centre forward. I'd say therefore it's not a fact, money wasted that has now left the squad, what impact did signing Wazza have on FFP etc...

Lack of investment into the club, deffo not, lack of investment into the team over the past few windows as the result of FFP..for me yes.

10 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

It's partly true, the lack of investment both this season and last as the result of FFP has resulted in us being short in certain areas, mainly a centre forward. I'd say therefore it's not a fact, money wasted that has now left the squad, what impact did signing Wazza have on FFP etc...

Lack of investment into the club, deffo not, lack of investment into the team over the past few windows as the result of FFP..for me yes.

We signed Bielik last summer in a deal that could be worth up to £10m wasn’t it?

We need a striker definitely, Cocu openly admitted we had to be creative in how we bring one in which saw CKR sign which isn’t looking too great now. 

The member I replied to also said this earlier:

“Our squad has been underfunded for too long.”

Just find it a little bizarre given the money we’ve spent over the last few years.

I thought Rooney played okay today, Bird was better in threading balls through. Wayne goes more for the Hollywood passes. 

Both leave us vulnerable to the counter-attack. That wouldn't be a problem if we had any decent finishers, we don't. The real problem is further forward - they can't complain about lack of service today, but that attack is currently a shambles. 

1 hour ago, Cool As Custard said:

Rooney today average at best - Sibley & Knight both offer more in a CM role. His presence keeps better players out the team & he’s a defensive liability waiting to happen when he plays deep. We are too slow & predictable with him in the team. We need more energy & urgency in the centre of midfield

Exactly ?

Archived