Another Rooney Thread, Sorry, Not Sorry

Day

If Rooney plays well today, will be called a snake, he got Cocu the sack.

If Rooney doesn’t play well today, he will be called a terrible manager for picking himself.

Think we should all get off his back a little and get behind him and this team player or manager, the guy is a legend in the game with a Ram on his chest.

He’s not in his prime, we know this, we knew this when he signed and rocked the football world. 

What he is though, he is a Ram and we are extremely lucky to have him at the club.

Now it’s time for a group hug please.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

If Rooney doesn’t play well today, he will be called a terrible manager for picking himself.

Think we should all get off his back a little and get behind him and this team player or manager, the guy is a legend in the game with a Ram on his chest.

He’s not in his prime, we know this, we knew this when he signed and rocked the football world. 

What he is though, he is a Ram and we are extremely lucky to have him at the club.

two thumbs up GIF by Twitter

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Has Rooney got a login and alias username on here? 

Not that I’m aware. But don’t be naive to  think words on here would not be seen by himself, his friends or his family. 

This forum is open to anyone with an internet connection.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Let's be honest, fans being on his back is not undeserved. As you said, he's a legend but he's not been playing like it since lockdown. 

If he could influence our team's results all on his own (bar Norwich) then he would be a legend (he is) but would probably be playing somewhere else. He needs some help you know!

3 minutes ago, David said:

Not that I’m aware. But don’t be naive to  think words on here would not be seen by himself, his friends or his family. 

This forum is open to anyone with an internet connection.

Nothing to do with naive! ?

I was going to imply that he’d got to you. Received any new training gear lately? ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

If he could influence our team's results all on his own (bar Norwich) then he would be a legend (he is) but would probably be playing somewhere else. He needs some help you know!

He's been one of our worst performers, in my opinion. He dawdles on the ball, gets caught in possession a lot, he has missed a few sitters in front of net, and in general can't blame anyone else for most of the mistakes he's been making. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Totally agree with your point about he can't win because of the reasons you've stated. I also had no issues with his comments midweek. I think we need to assess his performance as both a player and as a co-manager over the next 3 matches and judge accordingly. If he plays well and we win I personally won't care even if it is deemed as 'snakey'. However I would argue that we aren't that lucky to have him. His performances have been subpar for awhile and for his wages we could probably have gotten a decent loan who's younger and to the style we're wanting to build.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Nothing to do with naive! ?

I was going to imply that he’d got to you. Received any new training gear lately? ?

Apologies My Mostyn, thought you was taking me down that it’s not like he’s on here to see it.

Not received anything, I would love a match worn shirt though if he is reading. I would wear that until his musky sweat scent wore off. And then I’d post it to him and ask him to go for a run in it and send it back for me to wear again.

9 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

So where would you play him then David ??

Listening to him talk the other day, sounds like he sees himself as a midfielder, so that’s where I would play him. 

To get the best out of Rooney, you need to play him where he feels the most comfortable.

Admittedly we haven’t seen him at his best, and by that I mean his best in a Derby shirt where we saw him come in and turn our form around.

Clean slate from today, new interim management team which includes himself, I’m a little excited to see what happens today in this unique situation we find ourselves in.

Think if he picks himself it'll put me even more against him being manager.

The notion of a player-manager in this day and age is daft and it'll show how selfish Rooney is if he wants to take the limelight both as player and manager. For me, if he wants to do that, he should openly relinquish managerial control to Rosenior otherwise there's a huge amount of bias involved.

Also, if he wants to show his coaching/managerial skill, he's better doing that purely from the sidelines so it'd be kind of self-defeating. 

If he bags a hat-trick today then it’s without doubt confirmation that he wasn’t playing for Cocu and in no way has anything to do with Cocu’s tactics. ?

I don’t care how high profile he is, or how much of a legend in the game he is, every player will benefit from the fans getting behind them, whether that’s in the ground or on social media. It’s like Bale saying how good it is to feel to be loved - players/people need to feel like they’re wanted and appreciated. Let’s give it a go, it can’t work out any worse than ruthlessly slagging them off. 

Archived