Liam Rosenior

Woodley Ram

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Who within the playing squad or fellow coaches has said he is poor? If no one has then that is a bit of a daft statement,

Remember when John Carver told everyone in a press conference he was the best manager in the premier league, not one player in his squad  came out and disupted it, even though they knew it was total ******* 

Why would the players / coaches come out and tell us he’s crap? 

There are some pretty easy measurables that tell us he, as well as the rest of the coaching staff are grossly underachieving;

1. We’re bottom of the league 

2. We’ve scored 1 goal from open play all season 

3. We have a - 11 goal difference 

4. Worst start to a season since the 11 point premier league season 

yeah, he’s doing a cracking job. . . 

37 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Remember when John Carver told everyone in a press conference he was the best manager in the premier league, not one player in his squad  came out and disupted it, even though they knew it was total ******* 

There are some pretty easy measurables that tell us he, as well as the rest of the coaching staff are grossly underachieving;

What is not to like. Oh wait.

35 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Then by your thinking, the entire coaching staff should be gone. In the grown-up world, if you have three people senior to you who have worked together with some success elsewhere with their methods, it is possibly not going to be  easy. Why have you not listed the other coaches who are left as crap? What is different about him?

Think he’s almost certain to stay, or he’d have gone already. Was definitely an appointment made at board level rather than by Cocu, so he’ll stay whoever gets put in charge, unless the new owners want him gone. To be honest, we haven’t seen enough of him to have any idea whether he’s any good as a coach or not. I suspect he’ll be the caretaker manager for the next 3 games, so I guess we will find out, and hopefully he’s good or we’re in real trouble! He always speaks well, so hopefully that’s a good sign.

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

Good pundit, poor coach. Needs to move on imo

Yes, if the primary qualification is talking a good game, there are lots of pundits around (as well as blokes down the pub...) available, but they're never going to be decent managers. All said and done LR is part of the failed Cocu project. I imagine he has been retained to keep some semblance of normality / continuity, and will probably be gone when the new owners (if that's still happening....) bring their new management team in. 

I have just watched the press conference from yesterday, to be fair there wasnt much, if anything wrong with it.

Special mention to Liam though, not sure I've ever known anyone who speaks as well as he does. I honestly hope he goes to the very top in his managerial career, he is knowledgeable, calm and if he really is able to tell players what he really thinks at the right times he has all the attributes to be a great leader. 

He got me excited when he spoke of players being fit and raring to go, mentions of Sibley, Morgan (Whittaker) etc.

All eyes on his and Wayne's first team news tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I have just watched the press conference from yesterday, to be fair there wasnt much, if anything wrong with it.

Special mention to Liam though, not sure I've ever known anyone who speaks as well as he does. I honestly hope he goes to the very top in his managerial career, he is knowledgeable, calm and if he really is able to tell players what he really thinks at the right times he has all the attributes to be a great leader. 

He got me excited when he spoke of players being fit and raring to go, mentions of Sibley, Morgan (Whittaker) etc.

All eyes on his and Wayne's first team news tomorrow.

Has he got the eye of the tiger though? Wayne has. 

I like him. He's clearly very articulate and a very good communicator, and when you watch the recent training videos he seems very hands-on, much like McClaren actually.

I think, in order to take that next step to being a manager you need a commanding presence, amongst other things - whether he has that, I don't know. However, I would say Rooney does, especially given what he's achieved in the game. Rooney may not be the most verbose, but he clearly understands and reads the game in a way most people can't, it's just whether he can communicate these ideas to the players. With someone like Rosenior alongside him they could work well together  and hopefully complement each other's different approaches.

They're not my preferred choice, but I'll always be prepared to give them a chance. We talk about hiring up-and-coming managers, but who knows, maybe these two are the future. Time will tell!

• 1 month later...

Archived