Rooney: "A change was needed"

Bubbles

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Rosenior is ultimately more qualified and also more experienced from a coaching perspective. He'd be my choice if the only option if we are forced to appoint internally.

He suggested that he wasn't ready.

"LR answering the same question: "It's one thing wanting the job, it's another being the right person for it. I've got no doubt Wayne is going to be an outstanding manager. I'd like to say one day that I can be an outstanding manager myself."

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's a bit of a mess either way. Rosenior gets it and our captain who has publicly stated his desire for the job probably wouldn't be best pleased. That just throws up even more uncertainty and potential problems within the dressing room. Rooney gets the job over a more qualified Rosenior and there will almost certainly be an uproar within the media. We saw it with Lampard being chosen over Campbell and Ince who weren't even linked to us, so I can only imagine it this time around. 

Or alternatively a different manager takes over and now you have two individuals around the squad who both wanted the job but didn't get it. Hopefully they will take it on the chin and be professional about it but it's not a great situation for someone to walk into particularly as Rooney is still a player and captain. 

Honestly I can't help but shake the feeling that we should have really cleaned house with the coaching staff put someone like Wassell or Pat Lyons in temporary charge.

Firstly cocu has gone a change that needed making IMO anyway - now I think we have to wait for the next few games and see what happens and give Rooney a chance. Very exciting looking at the bookies making Rafa favourite for the job but if Rooney and rosenior can turn this around then that will be a major achievement and I would support them for the job. They offer some continuity and knowledge of the squad whilst hopefully eliminating the mistakes cocu repeatedly made. Looking forward to Saturday and seeing  how they change things 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He suggested that he wasn't ready.

"LR answering the same question: "It's one thing wanting the job, it's another being the right person for it. I've got no doubt Wayne is going to be an outstanding manager. I'd like to say one day that I can be an outstanding manager myself."

Well I'm sorry but if Liam isn't ready for it why on earth would Rooney be.

It's just going to cause so many amounts of problems.

I genuinely would be able to struggle to back him in this situation that we're in.

We need experience, we can't risk gambling when we're bottom of the table.

2 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Rosenior is ultimately more qualified and also more experienced from a coaching perspective. He'd be my choice if the only option if we are forced to appoint internally.

Obviously I can see Rooney getting the job, to which I will genuinely be so so so disappointed in the club. 

Walker's the only one with real management experience.

Walker - U18s manager
Rosenior - U23s assistant (Brighton)
Given - goalkeeping coach
Rooney - England Soccer Aid manager

Just now, brady1993 said:

Or alternatively a different manager takes over and now you have two individuals around the squad who both wanted the job but didn't get it. Hopefully they will take it on the chin and be professional about it but it's not a great situation for someone to walk into particularly as Rooney is still a player and captain. 

Honestly I can't help but shake the feeling that we should have really cleaned house with the coaching staff put someone like Wassell or Pat Lyons in temporary charge.

I've never met the bloke but I get just get the impression Rosenior would be understanding and supportive if we went out and appointed an experienced manager to get us out of this mess. As for Rooney, I just don't think the player-coach experiment has worked out very well for us and it'd probably be best for both parties if he moved into management at a different club once his contract expires here. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Walker - U18s manager

Yep.. If our new owner has genuine decency and ambition, we'd appoint externally. 

You never know, Mr Potato head might turn out to be good at this. 

The LR/WR double act might actually work if they've got the mutual respect and dynamics right.

It doesn't have to be bad just because it doesn't seem great. 

I'm just going to put head under the pillow for the unbearable sports media for the ext couple of weeks until we announce the takeover and a proper manager (or I have to make my peace with "Potato Head's Barmy Army")

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've never met the bloke but I get just get the impression Rosenior would be understanding and supportive if we went out and appointed an experienced manager to get us out of this mess. As for Rooney, I just don't think the player-coach experiment has worked out very well for us and it'd probably be best for both parties if he moved into management at a different club once his contract expires here. 

I agree with that apart from one aspect... I'd say "even before his contact expires".

My preference was for someone with solid experience such as allardyce but that ain’t happening for Saturday so I’m hoping Rooney can turn it round and he takes his opportunity 

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Walker - U18s manager

Wassall should be in charge for me. But I’m not the one making decisions and whether he wants it.

Archived