Be more like Duane Holmes

David

Sees a fan in need, does what he can to help out.

Some will see this as a badge worth a few quid, means nothing the amount he earns. If that’s your first thought then you’re missing the point completely.

This badge will be laid to rest in one fans sisters coffin. Gifted from a player at the club when so many fans will have scrolled past without giving it a second thought.

Well done Duane, if more people like you were in the world, it would be a happier place to live ???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, David said:

Sees a fan in need, does what he can to help out.

Some will see this as a badge worth a few quid, means nothing the amount he earns. If that’s your first thought then you’re missing the point completely.

This badge will be laid to rest in one fans sisters coffin. Gifted from a player at the club when so many fans will have scrolled past without giving it a second thought.

Well done Duane, if more people like you were in the world, it would be a happier place to live ???

Well done Duane. 

I know he slated a lot for performances, and in truth I don't think he's ever refound his form after his injury (think it was a broken anckle?) BUT he's a hell of a good guy.

He's always taking to fans on twitter and trying to help people.

in the summer he went to Sainsburys in Ripley to get a paddling pool to keep his dog cool. It's a minor thing really, but just I found it quite relatable, dogs do suffer in the heatwave.

10 minutes ago, derbydave1965 said:

Went to Reading last season and at the end of the game Duane ran across to us Derby fans and gave my 10 year old Son his match shirt, the smile on my lads face lasted until bedtime that night. A great bloke on and off the pitch.

I can only imagine his disappointment when he realised the shirt was too small for him,

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

He should be eating a a good quality Derbyshire stilton, not foreign cheese! Booooo. 

ossieram, I was going to say I don't think they make stilton in Derbyshire  Then I googled this

http://hartingtoncreamery.co.uk/

Hartington Creamery – Award Winning Stiltons and Cheeses

Hartington Creamery is the only Derbyshire based Stilton Producer. A award winning, very creamy, tangy blue cheese is handmade and graded by experienced ...

Are you by any chance Ossie Hartington ?

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Duane strikes me as genuinely one of footballs good guys. We need more characters like him in the dressing room.

i'm sure i'm an idiot but I just can't see why he doesn't start every week (when he's fit). Linking w Knight in midfield, with Byrne down the right. Moves the ball fast, goes forward (novel I know), turns beautifully and carries it well. Not PC's style to be sure but he's one of the best we have      I'm awaiting the deluge of ridicule ...

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

i'm sure i'm an idiot but I just can't see why he doesn't start every week (when he's fit). Linking w Knight in midfield, with Byrne down the right. Moves the ball fast, goes forward (novel I know), turns beautifully and carries it well. Not PC's style to be sure but he's one of the best we have      I'm awaiting the deluge of ridicule ...

I have a feeling both Duane and Sibley are going to look like entirely different players now Cocu has gone.

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Difficult to say whether he should be starting, but I agree with you, he’s a quality CM when he’s at his best. Get him in a 433 as a link up man, a bit like Hughes, and he’ll thrive. Not a goalscorer, but he’s excellent on the ball.

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don’t know you well enough to comment on your opening gambit, but with regard to Holmes he has much talent (good speed, a nice touch, and an ability through a low centre of gravity to turn a man) but I wouldn’t have him in the team personally.  He doesn’t score/create enough when in and around our box, and he can be a liability with sloppiness when he is close to ours.  Seems a lovely bloke though.

Archived