Sports Personality of the Year 2020 (not the official selection)

Sports Personality of the Year  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

I was struggling to think of an 8thdo went England captain. Tyson Fury would have been better, but missed boxing off my tick list.

Its a 2 horse race i imagine.  

It's only going to confuse things further if you include horses as well.......

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Jordan Henderson seems to have a good personality and helped lead Liverpool to their first PL title.

It was between him and Kane for the 8th spot. 

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Tao should win It. 

There's hardly any media coverage of the Giro over here. There's Tom Pidcock too, 2nd in cyclo-cross world championships, gold in e-mtb and U23's mtb and also won the Baby Giro (u23's), world class in 4 different disciplines. I doubt either will even make the shortlist.

2 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

There's hardly any media coverage of the Giro over here. There's Tom Pidcock too, 2nd in cyclo-cross world championships, gold in e-mtb and U23's mtb and also won the Baby Giro (u23's), world class in 4 different disciplines. I doubt either will even make the shortlist.

Im sure none of them will... Lizzie Deignan is anothere one that should be but wont be on there.

Based purely on sporting achievement then it has to be Hamilton. He is by an absolute mile the best at what he does in the world, anyone still arguing that point these days either doesn't know what they are on about or they do know what they are on about and just cant accept it.

Based on 'personality' it's Rashford. He is great on the pitch and great off it. An absolutely brilliant example for young people in this country to look to.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Based purely on sporting achievement then it has to be Hamilton. He is by an absolute mile the best at what he does in the world, anyone still arguing that point these days either doesn't know what they are on about or they do know what they are on about and just cant accept it.

Based on 'personality' it's Rashford. He is great on the pitch and great off it. An absolutely brilliant example for young people in this country to look to.

Agreed on this.

The example that Rashford is setting is incredible, and is putting the entire government to shame.  I wish he was in charge of the Covid response, he'd get schiz done!!  

But, at the end of the day, it is about sporting achievement, so you can't look any further than Hamilton, the man's a genius behind the wheel, and let's not forgot he's really stepping up his game in regards to social/environmental issues as well, so he's a shoe-in for me.

And unfortunately for @MuespachRam Liverpool will be Team of the Year.

It's often said that Hamilton is under appreciated and disliked, but I don't see any evidence of that. There's a loud minority who criticise Hamilton for his lifestyle choices, but they're mostly F1 fans that can't get behind someone that doesn't spend their wealth like a middle class European.

Agree with our forum's Supreme Leader, drop the 'personality' from the title.