Sports Personality of the Year 2020 (not the official selection)

sage

Sports Personality of the Year  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should win the Sports Personality of the Year 2020?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Marcus Rashford
    • Jimmy Anderson
    • Oisin Murphy
    • Dina Asher-Smith
    • Katrina Johnson-Thompson
    • Owen Farrell
    • Harry Kane

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/21 at 11:59

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be Hamilton. Rashford is only included for non sporting reasons, he has a lot to prove from a sporting perspective before he could ever be considered for the award, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

There's hardly any media coverage of the Giro over here. There's Tom Pidcock too, 2nd in cyclo-cross world championships, gold in e-mtb and U23's mtb and also won the Baby Giro (u23's), world class in 4 different disciplines. I doubt either will even make the shortlist.

Im sure none of them will... Lizzie Deignan is anothere one that should be but wont be on there.

Based purely on sporting achievement then it has to be Hamilton. He is by an absolute mile the best at what he does in the world, anyone still arguing that point these days either doesn't know what they are on about or they do know what they are on about and just cant accept it.

Based on 'personality' it's Rashford. He is great on the pitch and great off it. An absolutely brilliant example for young people in this country to look to.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Based purely on sporting achievement then it has to be Hamilton. He is by an absolute mile the best at what he does in the world, anyone still arguing that point these days either doesn't know what they are on about or they do know what they are on about and just cant accept it.

Based on 'personality' it's Rashford. He is great on the pitch and great off it. An absolutely brilliant example for young people in this country to look to.

Agreed on this.

The example that Rashford is setting is incredible, and is putting the entire government to shame.  I wish he was in charge of the Covid response, he'd get schiz done!!  

But, at the end of the day, it is about sporting achievement, so you can't look any further than Hamilton, the man's a genius behind the wheel, and let's not forgot he's really stepping up his game in regards to social/environmental issues as well, so he's a shoe-in for me.

And unfortunately for @MuespachRam Liverpool will be Team of the Year.

It's often said that Hamilton is under appreciated and disliked, but I don't see any evidence of that. There's a loud minority who criticise Hamilton for his lifestyle choices, but they're mostly F1 fans that can't get behind someone that doesn't spend their wealth like a middle class European.

Agree with our forum's Supreme Leader, drop the 'personality' from the title.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2020 at 11:24, Duracell said:

It's often said that Hamilton is under appreciated and disliked, but I don't see any evidence of that. There's a loud minority who criticise Hamilton for his lifestyle choices, but they're mostly F1 fans that can't get behind someone that doesn't spend their wealth like a middle class European.

Agree with our forum's Supreme Leader, drop the 'personality' from the title.  

'Sports of the year'? I imagine football will win more often than not... It would get boring quick

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Do any of those on the list actually have a personality

Jimmy Anderson is a big shredding enthusiast. And also enjoys the films of Sandra Bullock. Plus he's a proper grumpy Lancastrian. 

Hamilton should win it this year though.

• 2 weeks later...

Best thing about this show was Gabby Logan mentioning the lockdown 1 fad of keepie uppie with toilet rolls, the throwing one to Lineker who stage managed to fail with the quip, “I’m over 60, I struggle to keep anything up these days” ?

As an aside, Hamilton for all his achievements and perseverance to get 7 world championships probably deserved it, even though he has won before. The laugh would have been Fury, who campaigned successfully for people not to vote for him; so would have been mildly amusing and ironic if they did.

Credit to the expert panel giving Rashford a special award, he’s a sports star who’s found a powerful voice, forget politics, his time and effort in highlighting a cause, got even more recognition again. What a generous young man, having learned from his own family struggles, there are others out there, who need helping.

Archived