Let’s hope we get the Manager change bounce

Curtains

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see it I'm afraid, the way we have been playing we need significant changes of personal and ideas that takes abit of time. The new manager may not be here or only just arrived for the Bristol game so that's probably a right off with them on good form, hopefully we can grind out a few wins before Christmas though. I'm hoping Ibe gets fit and Waghorn and Bielik get into some decent form pretty quickly because the squad has been left thread bare by poor recruitment and we need our key players to step up. 

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I can't see it I'm afraid, the way we have been playing we need significant changes of personal and ideas that takes abit of time. The new manager may not be here or only just arrived for the Bristol game so that's probably a right off with them on good form, hopefully we can grind out a few wins before Christmas though.

I reckon the Bristol game might be cancelled due to Covid in Bristol camp 

Shane Nicko seems to be doing the fitness work so that might be good. 

30 minutes ago, David said:

Not the most controversial opinion you’ve ever had Curtains. I mean with this one I doubt a single fan or anyone at the club would disagree with you on this one. 

I think he's basically lining up any positive result to be the the bounce rather than anyone motivating the players/different tactics from the interim team having an influence by improving on Cocu results.

We all want this though,whatever the reason!

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think he's basically lining up any positive result to be the the bounce rather than anyone motivating the players/different tactics from the interim team having an influence by improving on Cocu results.

We all want this though,whatever the reason!

Possibly.

Must admit, it does feel a bit grim watching teams turn it on after a manager has left, leaves you questioning why not before...would have saved us paying compensation.

This is the game now though, accept it or walk away, the players have power and any bounce in performances and results should just be enjoyed and not over thought.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Possibly.

Must admit, it does feel a bit grim watching teams turn it on after a manager has left, leaves you questioning why not before...would have saved us paying compensation.

This is the game now though, accept it or walk away, the players have power and any bounce in performances and results should just be enjoyed and not over thought.

That’s a good post.  

Doesn’t make me feel any better because I believe the squad isn’t good enough at the moment .

Rooney and Davies army suddenly going to be super fit unless Shane has magic powers. 

I just feel the players just aren’t good enough without a target man week in week out in the Championship 

I expect an improvement to start with and then who knows.  

The new manager appointment and the value of the investment FFP permitting to allow January incomings will be vital. 

The players training video really irks me. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

That’s a good post.  

Doesn’t make me feel any better because I believe the squad isn’t good enough at the moment .

Rooney and Davies army suddenly going to be super fit unless Shane has magic powers. 

I just feel the players just aren’t good enough without a target man week in week out in the Championship 

I expect an improvement to start with and then who knows.  

The new manager appointment and the value of the investment FFP permitting to allow January incomings will be vital. 

The players training video really irks me. 

It’s no secret we need a striker, and it depends what you mean by this squad being good enough, good enough to stay up?

I would argue that without a striker this squad should be further up the table than it is, no disrespect to the likes of Wycombe and Coventry but they really should not be above us, but they are as they have gone out and earned it.

I can see why the recent content to come out the club might irk you, but would you rather see a video of them sat around sulking?

End of the day Cocu has gone now, we have to put a smile on these players faces and motivate as we need to start seeing performances on the pitch.

Cocu will work again, hopefully somewhere with less dramas to deal with. Don’t feel sorry for him, he had his chances, we have to move on now.

4 minutes ago, David said:

It’s no secret we need a striker, and it depends what you mean by this squad being good enough, good enough to stay up?

I would argue that without a striker this squad should be further up the table than it is, no disrespect to the likes of Wycombe and Coventry but they really should not be above us, but they are as they have gone out and earned it.

I can see why the recent content to come out the club might irk you, but would you rather see a video of them sat around sulking?

End of the day Cocu has gone now, we have to put a smile on these players faces and motivate as we need to start seeing performances on the pitch.

Cocu will work again, hopefully somewhere with less dramas to deal with. Don’t feel sorry for him, he had his chances, we have to move on now.

I’ll try.  

Its just the constant sound bites like Cocu is long term plan or The Derby way stuff . Or This Manager could be our Alex Ferguson or we need to have 5 Academy players in the team and Rooney this and Davies that and the Talk Sport laugh of where did that come from he’s not under pressure etc etc 

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ll try.  

Its just the constant sound bites like Cocu is long term plan or The Derby way stuff . Or This Manager could be our Alex Ferguson or we need to have 5 Academy players in the team and Rooney this and Davies that and the Talk Sport laugh of where did that come from he’s not under pressure etc etc 

If that gets to you, don’t listen to any interviews when the next manager is appointed.

It’s the standard stuff that all clubs put out, look at that deal Pardew got at Newcastle, just be grateful we haven’t been that daft.

We was bottom of the league, players heads were down, we tried several formations but small improvements we saw following the Norwich win were short lived and what was worrying is they dropped as the fixtures became easier on paper. 

I’m not sure you would have been happy to go down, just so Cocu could see out his long term contract would you?

Would we have gone down? Who knows, clearly the club had grave concerns otherwise they wouldn’t have made the move. 

The timing was right in that anyone being considered for the job, will have time to see what we have, what we need ready for the January window. 

The new manager bounce has science behind it, it's called regression to the mean. If you assume a team is of some fixed standard, but form fluctuates up and down over time. Then a manager is usually sacked when form is low. The team is more likely to regress to the mean (in this case improve), whether or not there is a change in manager - it's just we only remember the ones with manager changes as being significant. 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Possibly.

True,I really don't know if it's always been this way and we are more aware of it or if it's a generational thing.

Archived