What would McClaren do with this team?

DCFC Kicks

13 hours ago, Andicis said:

McClaren has a far better win rate than any of our recent managers. His season went to hell because we simply didn't have the players. We could have changed it up, but it likely wouldn't have changed the result. I'm sure they would have tried stuff in training and Mac decided it wasn't going to help. At the start of this season, people rightly said Cocu should get time to get his squad fit, yet Mac isn't afforded the same luxury, despite the fact he lost the spine of his team to injury. 

Fair comment buddy 

Partially agree, partially disagree

but fair comments 

Edited by NottsRam77

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I know that not everyone is wanting return of the Mac, but you can't deny he would give the players confidence and belief and get the team playing again. It could be this that gives the players a short term boost to get out the relegation zone. With Rooney as assistant maybe this could work, who knows?

Respectfully, do you think you might be hankering afrer the past Chris Martin? 

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

I know that not everyone is wanting return of the Mac, but you can't deny he would give the players confidence and belief and get the team playing again. It could be this that gives the players a short term boost to get out the relegation zone. With Rooney as assistant maybe this could work, who knows?

Whether it's McClaren or not, I'd want a manager like McClaren who gives the attacking players freedom. I also think we have players suited to counter-attacking. You can see how dangerous Jozwiak is on the counter with his goal tonight. I don't think Benitez is either of these things which is why I don't want him.

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Whether it's McClaren or not, I'd want a manager like McClaren who gives the attacking players freedom. I also think we have players suited to counter-attacking. You can see how dangerous Jozwiak is on the counter with his goal tonight. I don't think Benitez is either of these things which is why I don't want him.

Agreed.

attacking football is the Derby way. Even if it's a short term deal till the end of the season i would love to see what Mac could do with this squad. At the very least he will not get us relegated which i think is now the objective this year unfortunately. 

He could walk into the changing room and give the lads the same speech as he did at 4-1 down against Ipswich a few years back, god knows that worked, I'd love to know what it was he said or gave for that energy upturn, so would my missus she needs a good jump start but my I'm a bit flat with it all at the moment

Edited by BriggRam

On 17/11/2020 at 00:38, Chris_Martin said:

'What would Mac do with this team'?

give them confidence and an identity. Play good football, score goals, probably concede some too but we seem to do that no matter who's in charge anyway. 

It's not what we think he would do, it is what he thinks he would do. According to a recent interview, he has been watching Derby a lot so must have a good idea of the set-up and its current failings. Which is a lot more than Rafa or Eddie Howe when a quick turnaround is essential.

I'd trust McClaren to keep us up easy. He'd be getting us prepared for play off contention next season. I don't think he'd make took many changes either. With a decent budget he'd get us a forward or two and hopefully convince Will Hughes to come back. 

Some people are looking at our current situation and it's blurring what is necessary. 

Holmes is too injury prone and not effective enough. A replacement is needed. Rooney needs replacing. We will also be looking to replace/ find replacements for Martin (still), Waghorn and Marriott. 

I'd trust McClaren to replace these players and reckon two of them would be Hughes and Ivan Toney. 

23 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I'd trust McClaren to keep us up easy. He'd be getting us prepared for play off contention next season. I don't think he'd make took many changes either. With a decent budget he'd get us a forward or two and hopefully convince Will Hughes to come back. 

Some people are looking at our current situation and it's blurring what is necessary. 

Holmes is too injury prone and not effective enough. A replacement is needed. Rooney needs replacing. We will also be looking to replace/ find replacements for Martin (still), Waghorn and Marriott. 

I'd trust McClaren to replace these players and reckon two of them would be Hughes and Ivan Toney. 

Ivan Toney? Probably have more chance of signing Luca Toni Tbh.