Who's Put Up Xmas Decorations

ram1964

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put ours up at the weekend.

Been a poo year up to now, Wifes father needed heart surgery, It was her 40th on Friday and so she asked to put the trimmings up because we can't properly celebrate due to lockdown.

Obviously i couldn't say no.

So ours are up and it looks brilliant.

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If my wife had her way we'd go from Halloween decorations straight to Christmas decorations. If I'm lucky we'll just about get to December before putting them up.

Sounds like my wife although she always gets her way!

Usually put ours up a couple of weeks before Christmas but this year it'll be last weekend in Nov for most stuff, with the real tree the following week - so it might have a few needles left on it by the big day. Bought some extra lights for this year, so our house will look more festive outside as well as in. Why the hell not, this year.

Also put on the Jim Reeves Christmas album last weekend - mainly cos me & Mrs Wolfie were reminiscing about it always being on when we were kids.

On 15/11/2020 at 20:10, 1of4 said:

The decorations go up the first weekend of December, like any other year.

I admire your resolve. That was always my stance, but now I’m outnumbered 3 to 1 in the house they go up earlier and earlier. They’ve agreed to wait for the tree to go up next weekend, but I still feel like I’ve lost! Oh well, a month before Christmas is ok I suppose. Better than our friends who have had their tree up since the first weekend of October!

Archived