Ah the 70s

RoyMac5

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Very funny thread. How did we all survive?! I recognise most of them. ?

Did these things ever stay on?! ?

We still have three of those executioners:

• Bathroom ceiling heater - still in place but now permanently off since the central heating was installed
  • Moulinex electric carving knife, in a box upstairs. Not used for 40 years.
  • Chip cutter thingy. Same as the electric carving knife.

Frankly, I'm afraid to touch them in case they have evolved into a sentient life-form over the last half a century.

some brilliant deathtraps on there.... the horse sea saw thing.....I got all my front row of teeth knocked out on one of those as a teen...at Markeaton Park some tosspot grabbed the back of the horse rocker thing and started making it go really fast, i lost my grip flew into the air and landed on the horse head on my teeth.... mum took me to the dentist and many many many operations/procedures late they just decided that they could save them and just whipped out my front 4 teeth....at 13 years old.. Mume bought me a Mars bar as a treat for being so brave...... I am now 48 years old and have still got a fear of dentistry (and only 3 weeks ago paid a small fortune to have my front teeth again replaced)....ahhhhhh memories.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

So many childhood memories brought back. Arguably better times.

Lots of 'outrageous' stuff that went on we'll ignore ? But the way we were brought up does make you wonder how todays kids and more importantly parents would cope!? 

Some fab memories though - big cissies with a brake on their go-cart mind! ?

There used to be a roundabout on a playing field made with an iron frame and covered with wood. Some if the wood had broke and you could spin round  looking through the hole. The roundabout looked like it was going slower nearer the middle. I’m sure if I’d put my hand through the hole I’d have lost my hand.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

We still have three of those executioners:

• Bathroom ceiling heater - still in place but now permanently off since the central heating was installed
  • Moulinex electric carving knife, in a box upstairs. Not used for 40 years.
  • Chip cutter thingy. Same as the electric carving knife.

Frankly, I'm afraid to touch them in case they have evolved into a sentient life-form over the last half a century.

wait until someone enables that little lot into the "internet of things".........that's a John Carpenter flick waiting to happen...?

30 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Who had one of these?

967F4955-6EA2-45C3-9482-10AAB2ADFE91.jpeg

If you are referring to the avocado bathroom suite then I am proud to say I still have one. Who the hell cares what colour your bath is? At least I had an inside toilet. A friend in Derby only had an outside toilet until about 1990 when he moved away. For all I know that house might still only have an outside toilet.

Archived