Is a 4 year contract too long Mel

Curtains

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said at the time that a 4 year contract for any manager is a massive gamble nowadays. They simply don’t last long enough anymore to justify that sort of length, 3 year absolute max for me. Think that decision has come back to haunt us now, with the massive compensation we have to pay to get rid of him.

Just now, Angry Ram said:

I dunno.. To be fair it’s probably more forgiving on here. 

Glad you are back mate .   

You see the hysteria would suggest he’s gone already and Rooney is the next manager. 

I don’t know why I just like Cocu  and I respect him. 

Maybe I’m misguided but I have had lots of experience of Derby getting rid of managers too early. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I said at the time that a 4 year contract for any manager is a massive gamble nowadays. They simply don’t last long enough anymore to justify that sort of length, 3 year absolute max for me. Think that decision has come back to haunt us now, with the massive compensation we have to pay to get rid of him.

Exactly and why is it necessary after 11 games this season. 

Paul Jewell made it worse when he came in where as  Mac1 inherited a good Clough squad and made it better. 

No guarantees in Football 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Glad you are back mate .   

You see the hysteria would suggest he’s gone already and Rooney is the next manager. 

I don’t know why I just like Cocu  and I respect him. 

Maybe I’m misguided but I have had lots of experience of Derby getting rid of managers too early. 

Cheers mate..

Nothing really to dislike about Cocu the man.  It’s all about opinions. In all honesty I would think that this forum is a pretty good reflection of the overall fan base. 

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Exactly and why is it necessary after 11 games this season. 

Paul Jewell made it worse when he came in where as  Mac1 inherited a good Clough squad and made it better. 

No guarantees in Football 

It’s necessary because we’re bottom of the league and playing awfully. We’ve scored one league goal from open play all season. A new manager would struggle to do a much worse job.

Cocu seems like a lovely bloke, but I don’t think he’s a particularly great coach to be honest. Most players seem to have regressed under him, and he’s certainly not getting the best out of our attacking options. Feels very similar to the Nigel Clough days. We need a new manager to come in and do a similar job to McClaren when he first arrived - get the best out of a squad of players that were held back by the previous man in charge.

Archived