The need for a goalscorer

IslandExile

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that keep mentioning Dursun, what makes you think he's the goal scorer, or striker we need? Doesn't exactly look like the mobile type, doesn't interchange positions, and doesn't have amazing appearance to goals stats. And he's not exactly someone we can improve at the age of 29

13 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

You've got to say that because you'd have to change your user name otherwise lol

But I can change it. I just don't want to change it to 'MonkCrazyMonkMad' or 'PulisCrazyPulisMad' do I!

And Cocu really does deserve some luck. The best move would be to get McClaren in under Cocu.

16 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Still bemuses me, that JHI did not get a fair crack 

Me too. Must be soul-destroying for the lad. The excuse that he was unfit after lockdown doesn't hold up given who else we are playing in the team whilst not fully fit. ?

After idling about on the subs bench for weeks he gets a game for the under 23s and scores one and wins a penalty. His last outing for Derby (9 minutes) he had a shot well saved and that was it - we never saw him again. 

Maybe when our striker options fell through in the summer window our recruitment team thought that JHI was an option until January - I suspect now we'll never know and he'll be shipped out without ever having had a decent chance.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Me too. Must be soul-destroying for the lad. The excuse that he was unfit after lockdown doesn't hold up given who else we are playing in the team whilst not fully fit. ?

After idling about on the subs bench for weeks he gets a game for the under 23s and scores one and wins a penalty. His last outing for Derby (9 minutes) he had a shot well saved and that was it - we never saw him again. 

Maybe when our striker options fell through in the summer window our recruitment team thought that JHI was an option until January - I suspect now we'll never know and he'll be shipped out without ever having had a decent chance.

We need to shake up the forward line and I think sticking JHI and/or Stretton in would be a great message to the young players that if they shine in the U23s they will get their chance. 

Otherwise, what's the point of having a great youth set-up? 

17 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Its our recruitment thats a concern spent to much over the last few years on bang average players,then when we had chance to sign Ollie Watkins for less than 2 Million he was seen not to be good enough and not worth taking the risk

Sorry but that just isn't true. He offered £3.5m but they wanted £5m or £6m but then sold him to Brentford for £3m at a later date. People thought they could fleece us, and often did, because of our ridiculous spending spree.

16 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

Still bemuses me, that JHI did not get a fair crack 

Agreed. Thought he looked sharp when he came on against Luton. Not seen much of him. Thought he was going to start at Huddersfield but Cocu decided to play without a striker

3 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

But I can change it. I just don't want to change it to 'MonkCrazyMonkMad' or 'PulisCrazyPulisMad' do I!

And Cocu really does deserve some luck. The best move would be to get McClaren in under Cocu.

I'm not sure that this could work out....it would still mean Cocu choosing the tactics,formation and subs and they are fundemental to the problems we are having right now.

Mac may have some license to improve the team with his coaching but without having the license to set up the team as he wants,I can't see the benefits 

If anything,I'd want Mac as first team coach and manager,Cocu as director of football working with mac to ensure the linearity of recruiting players,costs etc.

Archived