People you thought had died

Normanton Lad

Lester Piggott was often in the news 3 or 4 decades ago but I was surprised to see an article about him paper this morning. I hadn't heard anything about him for so long that I'd almost forgotten about him. I assumed he was dead.

I was watching The Fugitive the other week and Ed Asner was in a show from about 1965. He looked middle aged then but when he appeared in various shows in mid 1970s he looked like an old fat man about to have a heart attack. I looked him up on the IMDB to find out when he died and I was astonished to read that he is still alive and is still acting. He seems to be defying the expectations of medical science.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Les Denis for some reason. 

I got asked once if les dennis was dead, I said 'well I don't really know '

8 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Robert Maxwell ...until I heard he's put a bid in this week to take over AGAIN 

you're going overboard now. ?

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Norman Lloyd. He was the fella who played the headmaster in Dead Poets' society.

That film is 30 years old and he was ancient in that and yet...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Lloyd

His last film was 5 years ago. He is 106 now so there can't be that many parts for him. The main character in Little Big Man would suit if they remake that.

With the topic title very much in mind, I must admit today's news that Des O'Conner has died took me by surprise.  I hadn't realised he was still with us!

Lousy singer... but an all round good egg though, by all accounts.

I strongly suspect a certain pair will be up there waiting at the pearly gates for you... probably muttering something along the lines of "What took you?".  Good job they're only joking... I think!  ?

RIP, sir... and good innings!
xxx

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

With the topic title very much in mind, I must admit today's news that Des O'Conner has died took me by surprise.  I hadn't realised he was still with us!

Lousy singer... but an all round good egg though, by all accounts.

I strongly suspect a certain pair will be up there waiting at the pearly gates for you... probably muttering something along the lines of "What took you?".  Good job they're only joking... I think!  ?

RIP, sir... and good innings!
xxx

Yes it’s great to hear a man give so many nice tributes.

Can imagine Eric saying ‘So you died in your sleep - like your audience!’

Archived