I'm looking forward to sports scene talk in tonight.

ziggyram59

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I wouldn't apologise. I think there is a good portion of fans who would have McClaren back - the second sacking (as you mentioned) was a joke. He took a team from the bottom six into the top six and then got sacked for dipping out of it. I'm sure Mel would reverse that call again if he could. 

He's an excellent coach but bringing him back for a third time in less than 10 years would bring an unsavory media attention. I personally wouldn't mind it.  

As I said on the call he wasn't ever backed like other managers and the kbe player he really wanted as wasn't allowed to bring in was Watkins. Would like to have seen what would have been like with another full season the second time around 

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Only thing I agree with steel we dont play smart enough with the ball we need work hit and move football and not stand still.

Would anyone want Bryson as a manager.

Not as the manager but I wouldn’t mind Bryson being part of a coaching set up

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit of elaboration. He said winning the title with PSV was like being manager of Celtic or Rangers any manager could do it and win something.  He then said he had a 20% win rate at Fenerbache which was a similar two team league. 

He's not that far wrong to be fair.

Beating Ajax and Feynoord to the title is absolutely no small feat, especially when you factor that he lost his best players year-on-year and had 3 titles in 5 years with more than £100m profit in player sales. It's not an easy job at all. PSV haven't done it since he left that's for sure. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of it was started by a Sunderland fan throwing a pie in my mates face amongst the general aggro.  A meat pie catalyst.  An image of that made it onto the front of one those We was well ard Brimson brother type books a few years ago.

Ahhh Fiction at it's best ?

Eric Steele ... S- - T goal keeper  plus a two faced hypocrite .

Had the misfortune of bumping into him  ....did nothing but slag Lionel Pickering off ... He did say that we were about to sign an Italian by the name of Baiano 

never really liked Steele further more did nothing to change my feelings towards him 

17 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Curtis always seems articulate to me. Of course, that doesn't translate to being a good coach or manager but if you're trying to pick names out of the hat....

Maybe we should try Patrick Stewart, he’s done a bit of RSC as well as commanding the Enterprise.

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Maybe we should try Patrick Stewart, he’s done a bit of RSC as well as commanding the Enterprise.

make it so

46 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Sounds good to me. Make it so. Yorrick.  Yorrick was hit by a proton torpedo, Cap'n. Was he hit amidships. Pretty much so, Cap'n, right in the galley. Alas, Yorrick, I knew him well. What about the guy at Brentford. He is a Clingon. No room for hangers on in the Enterprise. To the Premiership and beyond. Warp speed 3 or Mach 3 if the engines are down. Make it so.

Archived