I'm looking forward to sports scene talk in tonight.

ziggyram59

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was me on the phone in saying I wanted maclaren back sorry if I annoyed you just really loved the football and don't think he should have been sacked the second time around he said on a podcast him and Mel had identified the summer for big changes. 

Obviously loved the football aswell he just fits Derby 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

It was me on the phone in saying I wanted maclaren back sorry if I annoyed you just really loved the football and don't think he should have been sacked the second time around he said on a podcast him and Mel had identified the summer for big changes. 

I wouldn't apologise. I think there is a good portion of fans who would have McClaren back - the second sacking (as you mentioned) was a joke. He took a team from the bottom six into the top six and then got sacked for dipping out of it. I'm sure Mel would reverse that call again if he could. 

He's an excellent coach but bringing him back for a third time in less than 10 years would bring an unsavory media attention. I personally wouldn't mind it.  

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I think he was sacked because Mel wasn't able or willing to back him financially.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

A bloke has just come on and said: 'what has Cocu ever done as a manager'

audrey hepburn wow GIF

Bit of elaboration. He said winning the title with PSV was like being manager of Celtic or Rangers any manager could do it and win something.  He then said he had a 20% win rate at Fenerbache which was a similar two team league. 

He's not that far wrong to be fair.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I wouldn't apologise. I think there is a good portion of fans who would have McClaren back - the second sacking (as you mentioned) was a joke. He took a team from the bottom six into the top six and then got sacked for dipping out of it. I'm sure Mel would reverse that call again if he could. 

He's an excellent coach but bringing him back for a third time in less than 10 years would bring an unsavory media attention. I personally wouldn't mind it.  

I’ve been at a bit of a loss in terms of who I think the next manager should be but hearing Steele talk about both  McClaren reigns has got me a bit giddy for Mac3! I’ll probably be back to being undecided after I’ve had a cup of tea.

Archived