Reasons why we don’t score

RamNut

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sage said:

If you want our wide attackers to score more you play left footers on the right and vice versa.

If you want your wide attackers to cross the ball and create chances for a CF you play left footers on the left and right on the right.

it is as simple as that. 

So I show you two blatant examples of how it doesn’t work because they can’t even get a shot off, and you still argue that it does?

Ok ?‍♂️

12 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Roos is right footed. Also, just an observation, Bird was the 4th most 2 footed player in the championship last season., with 70% of his passes on his left foot, 30% with his right. Only players who were more 2 footed were Arter (50/50), Stewart and Nagy.

I put Roos in has a left footer, just to get  a bite from "Ramnut", who is obsessed with the team team having a left winger who is left footed. I do think the rest are left footer's though. Yes I do agree about Bird being talented enough to use both feet.

12 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Roos is right footed. Also, just an observation, Bird was the 4th most 2 footed player in the championship last season., with 70% of his passes on his left foot, 30% with his right. Only players who were more 2 footed were Arter (50/50), Stewart and Nagy.

Yeah but its easy to get those stats if your passes are just backwards or sideways every time.

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So I show you two blatant examples of how it doesn’t work because they can’t even get a shot off, and you still argue that it does?

Ok ?‍♂️

Because I'm right. Why do you think they put left footers out right? It's so they can cut inside on to their strong foot and shoot from a more central position. 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Because I'm right. Why do you think they put left footers out right? It's so they can cut inside on to their strong foot and shoot from a more central position. 

If you want our wide attackers to score more you play left footers on the right and vice versa.

Fatal error in your argument.

We’re not talking about Raich Carters here.
We have the two most one footed players that ever played for us both playing on their duff side.
They simply aren’t more effective playing on the wrong foot.

swap them over or play them central.

Or carry on watching them mess it up.

24 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We have the two most one footed players that ever played for us both playing on their duff side.
They simply aren’t more effective playing on the wrong foot.

swap them over or play them central.

It's because they play as inside forwards. If they're not going to do that then sure swap them over and start getting some cutbacks and crosses in.

2 hours ago, sage said:

You're so wrong! For Derby, one goal in open play (from someone who isn't here anymore) says that quite clearly!!

51 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Loads of our goals last season came from great forward passes from Bird

This is true. He can play some great passes going forward but simply doesn't do it enough. I'm absolutely convinced this is because of Cocu and the restraints he puts on the players with his confusing football. The shackles need to come off. This will happen with a new guy in charge. Bird will be the new Thorne.

I’ll make it easy. 

Waghorn has never scored for us by cutting inside onto his left foot.

lawrence has maybe scored 1 by cutting inside on his right, and even that’s debatable 

1 goal from 2 players over the course of 100 games.

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’ll make it easy. 

lawrence has maybe scored 1 by cutting inside on his right, and even that’s debatable 

A) You’ve completely made that up

B) They score goals from runs they’ve made from those positions, Lawrence wouldn’t of scored a brace away at Wednesday playing on the right.

8 hours ago, dabber said:

You're so wrong! For Derby, one goal in open play (from someone who isn't here anymore) says that quite clearly!!

Good Lord. That is this crazy season. BTW Marriott was to the left of goal and scored with his right. Ring Liverpool and tell Salah and Mane to switch. 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’ll make it easy. 

That is utter rubbish. I'm not going to debate this any more because your arguments are getting Trump like.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

I’ll make it easy. 

You can debate individual quality all you like but this shows your “stats” are patently untrue. 

There are multiple examples in this video alone of why playing wingers on their “wrong” foot is or can be effective, more so than playing them on their “right” foot, but I’ll go with two showing why it’s done (with a caveat at both that we aren’t nearly effective enough at it) 

a) WBA (A). Lawrence cuts inside and creates space for Malone to overlap who forces an excellent save. Same game Lawrence scores with a very similar move as defenders drop off a yard knowing he could do either.

b) Bristol City (A). Defenders give Lawrence space on his weaker left who picks out Martin in 6 yard box. Goal.

Now, I would suggest that in our current system, the starting position of our wide players is too narrow meaning they struggle to create space for overlapping full backs. The best example of a team doing this was Fulham under Jokanovic where their full backs would get to the byline amazingly effectively. I would also say that the players don’t trust their wrong foot enough. Lawrence left foot is useful but he is too keen to go on his right, and I believe Cocu was working with him on this last year but hasn’t shown through this season. It is far easier for a right footer on the left (and vice versa) to go on their outside and pick a pass or cross with their weaker foot than it is for a right footer on the right to cut in and shoot with their weaker foot. That is why it’s so common place in modern football but it isn’t something we do enough. 

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

There are simple reasons why don't score.

1. we don't get into the opposition half enough

2. we don't shoot enough

3. we don't hit the target enough

Have i missed anything. (oh we often make 5 passes when sometimes 1 or 2 will do).

ah but 4 of those are back to our keeper

Archived