Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

If you could make a compilation of the crossing in that game it would be comical

But at least players were ahead of the ball. That's a start. 

And width!! Overlaps!! Passes between the lines! It's Brazil in comparison to most our games. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cocu had had the final say on transfers, I suspect Martin would still be with us and if not, Dursun would have been bought in instead.

Neither of those happened so we're short of a forward and will be until January.

I don't see many goals in this team unless we have a jewel in the U18/23s. It must be worth giving one of them a go.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We don't have the luxury of time. We need to get out the bottom 3, and we need to get out the bottom 3 as soon as we can, or the players are going to be sapped of every last bit of confidence they have. We aren't in a position to be giving a rookie coaching team a chance, we need someone who's going to turn this around fast.

Right, 34 games left after today, let’s say this staff get 2 more games after today so there’s 32 left.

Whoever we bring in as manager should be expected to keep us up with over 30 games to go. That is the absolute floor for what they should be able to achieve. If we’re not hiring someone competent enough to turn things around with over 30 (thirty!) games left then we may as well just all pack it in and spend Saturday afternoons with our families.

We have a huge amount of time on our side and an upcoming transfer window.

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Not much difference then.

Still can't score.

I thought they looked more positive and tried to press.  We looked comfortable and they didn't create much.  I agree we are lacking creativity and to me Knight needs to be central.  Not a slight on him but he is not a winger.  Rooney was done after 60 minutes again. Whittaker looked more positive out wide.  We are not going to do anything dramatic until January as we do not have the personnel to change this round and become free scoring.

It’s not a case of ‘performing’.

You cannot win games when you’re not scoring goals and at the moment we are not scoring because

a) we persist with Lawrence 

b) we don’t get bodies in the box.

We brought a centre forward on in the 88th minute. If that’s progress I’m out.

We need a proper manager not a carp version of the Apprentice.

1 minute ago, BOB BIGGS said:

If Cocu had had the final say on transfers, I suspect Martin would still be with us and if not, Dursun would have been bought in instead.

Neither of those happened so we're short of a forward and will be until January.

I don't see many goals in this team unless we have a jewel in the U18/23s. It must be worth giving one of them a go.

No real evidence for this

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Right, 34 games left after today, let’s say this staff get 2 more games after today so there’s 32 left.

Whoever we bring in as manager should be expected to keep us up with over 30 games to go. That is the absolute floor for what they should be able to achieve. If we’re not hiring someone competent enough to turn things around with over 30 (thirty!) games left then we may as well just all pack it in and spend Saturday afternoons with our families.

We have a huge amount of time on our side and an upcoming transfer window.

Every game that we add another loss to the board, it's going to get harder and harder to motivate the players or give them any confidence. I don't think you should be as relaxed about this as you are. I'm sure Sunderland thought the same way. They've been stuck in League One a while now haven't they?

Archived