Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Today just shows how much of a mess Cocu has left us in....three transfer windows to get a first choice striker in and failed to do so.  Criminal.

Yeah it was obviously Cocu’s decision to lose the striker who’s career he invigorated and whom was his first choice, and only bring in Colin Kazim Richards to replace him, wasn’t it.

Cocu is rightly gone but let’s not rewrite history. He was severely hamstrung by the finances in the striker position.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Leicester Ram said:

I get today hasn’t exactly been a huge improvement but did you really expect them to turn it all around in their very first game? It looks like they might have a couple game to show that Rooney/Rosenior are fit for the job and away at Bristol City is tough even when you’re in form.

We’ve been firmly alright today, let’s see how we are next game before burying them.

We don't have the luxury of time. We need to get out the bottom 3, and we need to get out the bottom 3 as soon as we can, or the players are going to be sapped of every last bit of confidence they have. We aren't in a position to be giving a rookie coaching team a chance, we need someone who's going to turn this around fast.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Blindingly obvious that we need a centre forward on the pitch and that moves break down when they get to Lawrence. 

It’s just so annoying. It’s an obvious decision to make, Waghorn isn’t a striker, he’s a right attacking midfielder if he’s going to start. 

If we can see it, why can’t they 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The ref doesn't understand that when Trialsit falls in the area it's a penalty ?‍♂️

Enjoyed that one 

We are playing a top 6 team and have made them look ordinary. Yes we are toothless, a lot of that is from Lawrence making the wrong choice nearly every time and Waggy not being a striker coupled with absolute shiite crossing, i think Jozwiak would have been a game winner today.

I am not wrist slashing yet, lets see who they get in, it will get better.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I don't believe it's the players. I think it's the coaching. I think a good coach could improve these dramatically, I don't see many outright bad players in this Derby team. 

????

And all I see is poor players. Its glaringly obvious and has been for months.

Archived