Bristol City v Derby County: Matchday Thread (A)

Ghost of Clough

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We don't create chances, we don't get enough men in the box, Lawrence greedily holds on to the ball when there are better options, we move the ball to slow, Waghorn has no striking instincts. We need a new coach in who can put some creativity and attacking impetus back into these players. 

There hasn't been a lack of attacking impetus today. Some lovely through balls. Just endless poo decisions once the ball gets to its destination.

It's these damn players. You can change the manager as many times as you want, without a proper centre forward or a couple of players with clear added quality to drag the rest up (aka Wilson & Mount) this is what you'll always get.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

Don’t be a numpty you play to win and if you have attacking players on the bench you have to bring them on to ask their defenders new questions. Their defenders have been far too comfortable in my opinion. 

You don’t - in our situation you stop losing first - and no need for personal insults 

Just now, Coconut said:

There hasn't been a lack of attacking impetus today. Some lovely through balls. Just endless poo decisions once the ball gets to its destination.

It's these damn players. You can change the manager as many times as you want, without a proper centre forward or a couple of players with clear added quality (aka Wilson & Mount) this is what you'll always get.

I don't believe it's the players. I think it's the coaching. I think a good coach could improve these dramatically, I don't see many outright bad players in this Derby team. 

I get today hasn’t exactly been a huge improvement but did you really expect them to turn it all around in their very first game? It looks like they might have a couple game to show that Rooney/Rosenior are fit for the job and away at Bristol City is tough even when you’re in form.

We’ve been firmly alright today, let’s see how we are next game before burying them.

Archived