Frank Lampard says Fikayo Tomori remains part of his Chelsea plans

Shipley Ram

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest he is not a top level centre back. He would make a good Premier league midtable centre back and is obviously very good in the championship but he needs to improve his positional awareness and his reading of the game and his ability in the air to be a champions league quality player. 

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

And so he should be, the bloke is absolutely top draw. Given Chelsea’s recent defensive problems, it’s a wonder he’s been left on the sidelines.

They've had 6 clean sheets in their last 7 games. 

9 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

To be honest he is not a top level centre back. He would make a good Premier league midtable centre back and is obviously very good in the championship but he needs to improve his positional awareness and his reading of the game and his ability in the air to be a champions league quality player. 

Either your drew your conclusions early and refuse to be moved or you didn't go to a game beyond October that season. He was as good a centre back as I have seen at Derby for decades.

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Either your drew your conclusions early and refuse to be moved or you didn't go to a game beyond October that season. He was as good a centre back as I have seen at Derby for decades.

He's too good for us now imo, but if Chelsea were willing to let him go out on loan again or we decide to stick two fingers up to the EFL and buy our way to glory I'd take him back in a heartbeat - best defender I've seen in a Derby shirt for a long time ?

53 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I did say he was very good at this level, I've seen him abit for Chelsea and he doesn't seem a top Premier league defender of the standard Chelsea would want unless he improves in certain areas like in the air and positioning. 

I liked Tomori, and particularly his attitude, but I thought that his most eye catching work was done when recovering from being out of position. That's not suprising for a young centre-half but he needs to play regularly in the Premier League now to fulfill his potential. Certainly one of our better defenders in the past decade but not as good as Keogh at that point, though with age I'd expect him to be better.

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

He's too good for us now imo, but if Chelsea were willing to let him go out on loan again or we decide to stick two fingers up to the EFL and buy our way to glory I'd take him back in a heartbeat - best defender I've seen in a Derby shirt for a long time ?

He'd probably do us a job up front as well - better than the clowns we have at the moment anyway!

Archived