Cocu Instagram post

Big Trav

Last post is nice. Shows he really blooming cares. I really hope we win and he keeps his job. The unluckyness has to end at some point? He doesn’t post much on there but shows he is still fully committed and not beaten yet. I’m rooting for you Phillip 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He fundamentally is a nice bloke and good manager, which is why so many want to see him succeed. The one sticking point seems to be compatibility and whether we've got the squad to execute his philosophy and footballing style properly. 

I, for one, hope the lads go and get a result tomorrow for Phil and we go from strength to strength under him, strengthen the squad properly in January and try to make up lost ground. I recognise this is optimistic but we, and specifically Cocu, have had such bad luck in his time here, for his sake I'd love for that tide to turn and for it to all come good.

We'll have to wait and see

Me too. I am still Cocu in, despite my recent posts.

I think the players need to take some responsibility, especially for their lethargy in the QPR game.

I see things like Rosenior's comment about Stretton and that, under this manager, his chance will come. 

I believe in Cocu for the long term. We just need short term results to ease the fervour.

We also need the Shiehk to buy into Mel's academy dream. COYR ?

Makes me feel guilty for criticising him so much, he clearly cares alot for the club. Still think he is the wrong man for the job at this moment in time, but a big result tommorow and performance could save him. I've wanted him out for a long time but I'll refrain from calling for him out tomorrow even if we are absymal especially as he's not even there. 

19 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It hasnt been liked by many players yet has it unless they are all tucked up nice and early

It is so easy to forget how tough it is being a footballer these days. I forget that they have to do things like responding promptly to social media!

Although, to be honest, I must admit that I had thought that they had staff and management teams to do it for them?

Oh no! Perhaps they have to cope without their staff and management teams during Lockdown. I feel really bad that I hadn't been thinking about how tough Lockdown must be for footballers. At least they've been putting some of their wages towards hard-up clubs struggling through lockdown, and funding free school-holiday meals, or whatever they've been doing.

Almost everything about him and the project I really like, except the performances on the pitch.

Even then, it's not that it's findamentally "wrong" - it just that it needs to be done far quicker to be effective in english football, and if that means you mess it up and get scrappy that's fine, because most championship teams are scrappy but without tempo and intensity you're dead in this division.

He is intelligent, calm, considerate, passionate, dignified, composed, and a thoroughly decent all round human being, with a fantastic playing pedigree and managerial C.V. 

....he’s just poo for us and it’s time to go.  

4 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

You can’t keep a manager in a job because of sentiment. He’s had a tough time but good managers find a way of using hardship to produce results on the pitch. 

Unfortunately Cocu can’t galvanise this team. 

Couldn't agree more. Can't expect players on only £20k a week to get up for game without external galvanisation, can we? ?‍♀️

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

It hasnt been liked by many players yet has it unless they are all tucked up nice and early

Suspect that being a grown up, he'll probably not care too much about his 'like' count.

9 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Last post is nice. Shows he really blooming cares. I really hope we win and he keeps his job. The unluckyness has to end at some point? He doesn’t post much on there but shows he is still fully committed and not beaten yet. I’m rooting for you Phillip 

I believe he is the most committed to the job since Nigel. You can tell that it is currently hurting. 

I think we are all disappointed at least with how it has gone but never has he deserved the cheap name calling and abuse. I don't often get attached to a manager,  but I desperately hope the players put in a performance for Cocu and themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Won’t let me view without account?

phillipcocu8

Verified

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend our very important game at Pride Park against Barnsley tomorrow. I find it very difficult that I cannot be there to coach and support my team, especially in the situation we find ourselves in. Nonetheless, it is of the utmost importance that everyone follows the UK Government’s COVID-19 guidelines. And these guidelines require me to be quarantined for 14 days. The team is well prepared for tomorrow's game, we remain in close communication, and I am confident the staff will take good care in my absence. Come on you rams! ? 

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We want to keep a failing manager because he's a nice bloke who uses Instagram?

And that's the just a bog standard post which you might expect from anyone involved in football.

lovely person I'm sure but so is my gran and she will be only allowed to watch the game on tv too,which is the best thing for both of them.

Well. I think it is always nice to take a step back and appreciate that we are here discussing fellow people. 

Regardless of whether you want him gone or not, you can show a bit of compassion. Poor bloke has potentially one game to prove himself and he can't be there. 

Archived