*If* Cocu leaves, who should work alongside player-manager Rooney?

IslandExile

*If* Cocu leaves, who should work alongside player-manager Rooney?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, ram1964 said:

Pc had his badges and multiple years experience as assistant manager with the biggest and most successful clubs at the time. Lamps walks in and can attract a wealth of quality loanees. Rooney brings Phil Jones to the table?

Being pedantic neither had any experience of managing a club before they landed at Derby so why not Rooney playing devils advocate.

Not that I'm advocating Rooney, my main point is we've gone done the tried and trusted route and the novice one and realised the same outcomes for both. 

There's only one constant throughout all of this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

What 'evidence' was there that Frank Lampard would make a good manager?

I know Frank has a high IQ (reportedly) but is that the key to being a decent football manager? 

I actually think Rooney is a far better prospect than people think, especially with someone like McClaren with him.

And on the subject of badges; the EFL do not demand a full licence for new managers - just that they are enrolled on a course so as their acquisition is 'ongoing'.

Great! I'm in. #COYR

I for one do not want Rooney as a player-manager I think he would be a disaster, he as no experience, we need a experienced manager. I would prefer someone like Wassall as a caretaker manager for the rest of the season. Feel like we missed our opportunity in not getting Hughton. 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

I voted based on this hypothetical situation. While it’s not a given, there is a chance it could go down this route. If Rooney were to be installed, I figured who would be the most likely to come in with authority and experience to back and support Wayne.

Big Sam.

Given how crazy it would all be, and while I’m not saying I’d be happy with the decision, I actually quite like Big Sam.

of course, all hypothetical

...and of course Big Sam has history with Sheikhs...although I think he's better with Fake Sheikhs ?

3 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

I for one do not want Rooney as a player-manager I think he would be a disaster, he as no experience, we need a experienced manager. I would prefer someone like Wassall as a caretaker manager for the rest of the season. Feel like we missed our opportunity in not getting Hughton. 

Just like Legohead. Or Cocu for that matter. Just saying.

I think the take over makes appointing Rooney less likely.

I'd imagine the takeover folks have someone in mind and probably being lined up on the QT. Can't see the takeover team looking at our season and thinking "yup, give it tme" but I don't think they'll be wanting to put Mr Potato head in the job based on his no qualifications and him being a player.

Rooney has absolutely no credentials to manage Derby County.

he has been a great player, but we need to bring this arrangement to a conclusion ASAP.

I’d settle his contract and let him find another project.
His presence undermines any manager whilst he is portrayed as the next manager in waiting, and although  qpr was his best performance for a while, it’s just a silly sideshow.  

I really cant make my mind up re Rooney. I cant really think of how to put in words but I think my main issue is that he doesnt seem to have given much of himself to us as a club. He just doesnt seem to have any affection for us at all.  Half of me thinks its just wish to be private, embarrassment at all the hype when he just wants to play and the other half wonders if he's just not bothered. I know when it came down to it they went to Chelsea but whilst here Jodi and Frank seemed to really get us and the club and I dont think it was false. I want a manager who seems bothered while here even if he does see it as a stepping stone to elsewhere. Am I being daft and am totally wrong? 

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Half of me thinks its just wish to be private, embarrassment at all the hype when he just wants to play and the other half wonders if he's just not bothered.

Perhaps he's aware of how it looks when Cocu's Derby County is continually referred to as Wayne Rooney's Derby County?

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I really cant make my mind up re Rooney. I cant really think of how to put in words but I think my main issue is that he doesnt seem to have given much of himself to us as a club. He just doesnt seem to have any affection for us at all.  Half of me thinks its just wish to be private, embarrassment at all the hype when he just wants to play and the other half wonders if he's just not bothered. I know when it came down to it they went to Chelsea but whilst here Jodi and Frank seemed to really get us and the club and I dont think it was false. I want a manager who seems bothered while here even if he does see it as a stepping stone to elsewhere. Am I being daft and am totally wrong? 

He needs to go into Kieran Mullins to get his thatch trimmed. Then he may start feeling the love.

Archived