When was the last time we were this low in the table?

RoyMac5

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is actually the lowest we've ever been in the 2nd tier.

In the seasons where we've been relegated there were only 22 teams, so we never actually got as low as 23rd.

It's possible we might have been briefly lower, especially after a couple of games, but I can't specifically remember it happening.

9 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

At least we had Bobby and Kevin Wilson. Imagine having a centre forward of that quality...imagine having a centre forward! 

Davison was the only bright spark that year, just remembered Paul Futcher, another crock. Take out Bucko the rest were garbage really.

39 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

I laughed at Wycombe when I watched them get annihilated by swansea for 45 mins on Sky. They're even better than us.

I'd have backed Cocu even if we sat in mid table all season. We can't be staring at relegation though. I think he'll be gone by next week if we dont beat Barnsley. Which makes my heart sink because I quite like Cocu. He saved us from becoming a laughing stock after everything that happened off the field. He seems a really nice bloke. He's got one game to save his job in my mind. And I feel horrible saying that.

Barnsley have a billionaire owner apparently.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Did we ever get out of the bottom 3 at any point during out infamous 11 point season? What about when we beat Newcastle. I've tried to place a mental block on that entire campaign.

No we were 19th on 26 the October though after a draw with Fulham- missed a penalty as well. That might have put us 17th and who knows.?

I have know idea who was below us at that stage but they must have gone as well.

14 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

They say 50 points is the magic number to stay up. We need to win just under 50% of our remaining matches to achieve that, not quite 6ft under yet but a lot closer than a lot of our fans would have us believe. You simply can't write off 10 matches in the championship and blame injuries and bad luck.

It’s closer to 40% of our games rather than just under 50%, so not quite as daunting but still a big task.

Sounds better to say 1.2 points per game! Draws will be massive for us. 

This is the worst it’s been since Nigel Pearson, by a long way too. We just don’t look to have any idea what we’re doing on the pitch. Like they’re not being coached at all, and have just been pulled out the stands and thrown on the pitch. No one seems to have any clue how to play out the back. Our passing is terrible. Our defensive positioning is awful. We’ve got no creativity at all, once we get in the final third we’ve got no ideas whatsoever, just end up conceding possession. The lack of intelligent movement is really worrying as well. 

Just doesn’t look like a team playing for their manager. No one really looked like they believe we could score, yet alone win! I’ve not called for Cocu’s head directly, but I think he’s a dead man walking now.

20 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

They say 50 points is the magic number to stay up. We need to win just under 50% of our remaining matches to achieve that, not quite 6ft under yet but a lot closer than a lot of our fans would have us believe. You simply can't write off 10 matches in the championship and blame injuries and bad luck.

if there's a really poor team in the division, eg Wycombe, the other teams get a couple of extra points. If a real whipping boy team emerges, it'll take 52 to stay up.

Whats the lowest ever points total by a team in the Championship?

Don't particularly want to hold that record for the top 2 divisions...

I'm joking of course, we'll easily beat it whatever it is.

*twitches, laughing nervously*

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

if there's a really poor team in the division, eg Wycombe, the other teams get a couple of extra points. If a real whipping boy team emerges, it'll take 52 to stay up.

With us around in this league (if Cocu lasts all season) then other teams will probably need about 55 points then. 

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Whats the lowest ever points total by a team in the Championship?

Don't particularly want to hold that record for the top 2 divisions...

I'm joking of course, we'll easily beat it whatever it is.

*twitches, laughing nervously*

I’m sure it will be a great consolation when relegated - “at least it wasn’t with a record low points total!”

Archived