When was the last time we were this low in the table?

RoyMac5

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I laughed at Wycombe when I watched them get annihilated by swansea for 45 mins on Sky. They're even better than us.

I'd have backed Cocu even if we sat in mid table all season. We can't be staring at relegation though. I think he'll be gone by next week if we dont beat Barnsley. Which makes my heart sink because I quite like Cocu. He saved us from becoming a laughing stock after everything that happened off the field. He seems a really nice bloke. He's got one game to save his job in my mind. And I feel horrible saying that.

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

i remember getting relegated to the old div 3 back in the the 80s. god we was crap then. a bit like now

That team was awful, with a couple of stars on their last legs with us. This team has better individual players.

For me either they are not playing for Cocu or his tinkering with tactics and formation can’t get them to mould effectively.

7 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

That team was awful, with a couple of stars on their last legs with us. This team has better individual players.

For me either they are not playing for Cocu or his tinkering with tactics and formation can’t get them to mould effectively.

Crikey - just a couple?? Dave Watson, Kenny Burns, Archies Swansong, Roy Mac still going, Steve powell, John Robertson wheezing down the wing.........the average age must have been nearing 40! ?

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Crikey - just a couple?? Dave Watson, Kenny Burns, Archies Swansong, Roy Mac still going, Steve powell, John Robertson wheezing down the wing.........the average age must have been nearing 40! ?

Lol yeah, time and the following seasons with Arthur helps blur out the memory of Fatty Burns, at least Archie had heart, just lacked legs by then, like a few of them, all crocks really with some right dross around them. 

This team is far better, just not showing it, which is sad really for me, I like Phil, his style or tactics are just not working.

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

At least we had Bobby and Kevin Wilson. Imagine having a centre forward of that quality...imagine having a centre forward! 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We will struggle not to be relegated.

They say 50 points is the magic number to stay up. We need to win just under 50% of our remaining matches to achieve that, not quite 6ft under yet but a lot closer than a lot of our fans would have us believe. You simply can't write off 10 matches in the championship and blame injuries and bad luck.

Archived