U23s vs West Ham (H)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ramit said:

It's a risk, sure, but every minute passed 60 that he plays prepares him better for the next game

Get that (and nearly said it as the counter argument) but after the ACL I'd also worry about injury after sucg a long time out. But it looks as though the managerial instructions are to make him play the full 90.

Now it's 3--2 ?

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Get that (and nearly said it as the counter argument) but after the ACL I'd also worry about injury after sucg a long time out. But it looks as though the managerial instructions are to make him play the full 90.

Now it's 3--2 ?

And now he's down injured (or is that Dixon who is down?)

Defensive horror show in the 2nd half but in fairness, the ball was turning sideways in the wind and some credit due to West Ham who battled really hard. I think the scoreline doesn't really reflect the difference between the sides but winning ugly sometimes isn't a bad thing.

Derby now sit top of the league, if only until other teams play their games in hand, but something to bring a little joy in a tough season for the club thus far. 

Must be a bit frustrating for the under 23s when their game plan is hi-jacked to give first teamers minutes. They can't have trained with Evans, Bielik or Whittaker recently and it showed at times. Bielik tired badly and this helped West Ham to get back into the game.

Still, great going forward and we should have made more of that dominant first half as the wind was a major factor. 

Pleased for Stretton  - lovely hat-trick showing his diversity of play. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Pleased for Stretton  - lovely hat-trick showing his diversity of play. 

Missed a 'sitter' of a header too. I wonder why there isn't a hue & cry for him to be in the 1st team squad like there is Bobby?! (Hope to see more of him soon)

edit: ps where's Trialist?

Archived