Handbags in '75

maxjam

I was to young to witness this first hand, it wouldn't be for another 10 years or so that I'd start attending matches but I'd have loved to have been there - far better then seeing people fall over in agony after a gentle push

Imagine the media reaction if it happened today!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I was to young to witness this first hand, it wouldn't be for another 10 years or so that I'd start attending matches but I'd have loved to have been there - far better then seeing people fall over in agony after a gentle push

Was in the Popside Vulcan end at this game going bat poo crazy. Even worse after Big Rog won it for us 

16 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Was in the Popside Vulcan end at this game going bat poo crazy. Even worse after Big Rog won it for us 

i am on the video, well at least my eyes are at 2.23 when Charlies' lining up the peno Just above the S in Alka Seltzer.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

First game i went to , my Dad took me , no wonder i got hooked on the Rams after this , much to the disappointment of my Dad who was a diehard Man Utd fan

It was a case of "Mission accomplished" as far as Jimmy Armfield and the rest of the Leeds scum were concerned.

Four days later, an injury and suspension-ravaged Derby were dumped out of the European Cup by Real Madrid

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Four days later, an injury and suspension-ravaged Derby were dumped out of the European Cup by Real Madrid

Franny said that's why he hit Hunter again as they marched off... because he realised he'd be suspended for the European games.

Domestic suspensions carried over to European competitions in those days.

Archived