Tom Lawrence

Matlock Old Ram

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2021 at 23:11, europia said:

Tend to agree. Lawrence has been at the club since 2017.  So it's fair to say that this player is unlikely to improve on what he has achieved to date. The performances have been mostly average since his arrival at DCFC. Probably time for Tom Lawrence to move on, but it's highly unlikely that we would get back even half of the (reported) £5m that we paid to Leicester City. 

Yet a lot of our fan base ignore the fact he has lost his mother during this time....shame on you

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The comment was his performances have been largely average during his time here correctly or otherwise, he's been at the club for nearly 4 years now.

Do you not think his performance was effected by his mothers sad on going situation over the 4 years and still to this day 

15 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Do you not think his performance was effected by his mothers sad on going situation over the 4 years and still to this day 

I genuinely can't answer that and neither can you. It would have had some effect I imagine, how much some effect would be and over what timescale is totally unquantifiable.

Was just surprised that you mentioned that which is why I commented. 

People suffer all kinds of personal problems that may effect their work. But the world doesn't stop for you. Some trades are more supportive than others. 

Judging Tom Lawrence performances over 4 years shouldn't be effected by what personal issues he's had. That's a separate topic. 

Would you accept my poo plastering if I was having personal problems? I'd expect not. Would shame be upon you if you didn't accept my work? 

Balancing work and personal life is a stressful thing. But we all have to do it and not mix the two because they do not mix with good results.

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

People suffer all kinds of personal problems that may effect their work. But the world doesn't stop for you. Some trades are more supportive than others. 

Judging Tom Lawrence performances over 4 years shouldn't be effected by what personal issues he's had. That's a separate topic. 

Would you accept my poo plastering if I was having personal problems? I'd expect not. Would shame be upon you if you didn't accept my work? 

Balancing work and personal life is a stressful thing. But we all have to do it and not mix the two because they do not mix with good results.

I agree 

I just think he’s a good footballer whatever. 

Whilst often frustrating, Tom Lawrence is capable of doing things that most of the people in our squad simply are not.

If Lawrence was on top form every week he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be in the Prem. In tight and/or turgid games (of which there have been more than a few this season) I think Lawrence often represents our best chance of coming up with something out of nothing. Is it frustrating when he puts another shot off target from range? Absolutely. Is he often the only person trying to do something different? Yes.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Wayne Rooney said: "Tom’s been a bit better. He had a scan, and there was no further damage. He’s outside and had a good training session on the pitch. I’ll give him another week to build his fitness up and then he should be back with the squad."

Now i really hope this is going to be interesting

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Whilst often frustrating, Tom Lawrence is capable of doing things that most of the people in our squad simply are not.

If Lawrence was on top form every week he wouldn't be playing for us, he'd be in the Prem. In tight and/or turgid games (of which there have been more than a few this season) I think Lawrence often represents our best chance of coming up with something out of nothing. Is it frustrating when he puts another shot off target from range? Absolutely. Is he often the only person trying to do something different? Yes.

I think the current squad is so devoid of creativity that even with his inconsistency, Tom has to play. Exactly the same as when we had the other Tom who caused the same debate.

Archived