Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is a guy who has obviously struggled recently with his mum passing away but a lot of what I see is football related. He made a mistake with what he did and has paid the price...

let’s get behind him and support him. Someone that has struggled mentally WILL NOT perform to their best abilities being scrutinised and judged every single minute of every single day. 
 

Footballers are people not robots. Give the guy a break and ducking support him... like supporters should do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's no such legal term as constructive resignation, there is as you rightly say one for constructive dismissal which is extremely hard to prove and only a small percentage of ETs find in the plaintiffs favour.

In any company you cannot impose legally a variation in terms and conditions without given notice then the employee has the choice whether to accept these or work under duress. Keogh has a fixed contract which is far more powerful then normal employment contracts and unless there were specific terms imposed for Derby to vary this contract then it was illegal of Derby to do so.

I'd have done exactly the same thing in Keoghs case and the 3 protagonists in the incident were not dealt with evenly or consistently by the club.

good grief I wasn't being serious.  As an employer the threat of constructive dismissal affects many decisions but the reverse never seems to work.  I had one guy who decided that he didn't want to do part of his contract but generously said he would continue to do part of his job on reduced money, I sacked him under breach of contract (I couldn't employ someone for part of the job he abandoned).  He took me to tribunal and I lost.  I worked for a bank and one of my staff got caught for shoplifting, sacked him  for GM (didnt think his action was in line of that expected from a bank employee), took me to tribunal and we lost.  They felt we should redeploy him in an area not so exposed to financial activity.  Tribunals cost thousands in legal bills and the decision is always in doubt, I now go mediation route which I have found to be far more worthwhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

This is a guy who has obviously struggled recently with his mum passing away but a lot of what I see is football related. He made a mistake with what he did and has paid the price...

let’s get behind him and support him. Someone that has struggled mentally WILL NOT perform to their best abilities being scrutinised and judged every single minute of every single day. 
 

Footballers are people not robots. Give the guy a break and ducking support him... like supporters should do. 

Like we did Keogh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spanish said:

good grief I wasn't being serious.  As an employer the threat of constructive dismissal affects many decisions but the reverse never seems to work.  I had one guy who decided that he didn't want to do part of his contract but generously said he would continue to do part of his job on reduced money, I sacked him under breach of contract (I couldn't employ someone for part of the job he abandoned).  He took me to tribunal and I lost.  I worked for a bank and one of my staff got caught for shoplifting, sacked him  for GM (didnt think his action was in line of that expected from a bank employee), took me to tribunal and we lost.  They felt we should redeploy him in an area not so exposed to financial activity.  Tribunals cost thousands in legal bills and the decision is always in doubt, I now go mediation route which I have found to be far more worthwhile.

Tribunal is an easy route but costly, I was a senior union official, One case where an employee wanted to take more time off sick that come to work, The company went through all procedures, Counceling, Verbal warning, Stage 1, 2, 3, and 4, 4 being very costly to the company as it involves outside officials aswell as several union reps, several HR reps, Senior managers from other areas and the head of the areas company, To get to stage 4 the employee had shown disregard for his workmates and the company, We as union officials warned and warned him that come the day you'll be dismissed.

At stage 4 his work record was read out over the last 12 months, And the results of stages 1-2 and 3, Where he'd taken onboard all what was said and agreed to be a better employee, It failed he was dismissed, Eventually the union took it to a tribunal, Words were exchanged between union solicitors and company solicitors, An offer of £5k was put to the former worker as they would not take him back even if he won the case(not legally bound to take sacked employees back)he accepted.

It would have cost the company more in legal fees to fight the case so giving £5k was a financial benefit to the company, Tribunals are easy to convince for the sacked person, As the company who dismissed them has to run through fire and jump raging rivers to make sure all Ts have been crossed and all Is dotted.

Edited by James Pond
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

A shame because at his best he is a top Championship player, but we haven’t seen enough of that quality. Has anyone got stats on appearances/ assists/ goals since he joined the Rams ??

Supposedly he’s gotten 23 goals and 18 assists in 136 appearances for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Supposedly he’s gotten 23 goals and 18 assists in 136 appearances for us. 

So this is his fourth season for the Rams, signed in August 2017. One goal in 6 plus assists. Averaging 34 games a season, which I’m surprised at, as the perception is, that he is always injured.

Not a bad record for a winger, but his assists are low. Also doesn’t he play more centrally for Wales at No 10 ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

So this is his fourth season for the Rams, signed in August 2017. One goal in 6 plus assists. Averaging 34 games a season, which I’m surprised at, as the perception is, that he is always injured.

Not a bad record for a winger, but his assists are low. Also doesn’t he play more centrally for Wales at No 10 ?

More often than not people are moaning he's not dropped than that he's injured!

He's really not bad, but he is very frustraiting and people read his body language as petulant. Any consistantly good form and he's a top championship player, overall he's hit and miss, hot or cold, averages out a bit "meh" because his off days are too frequent and his on days are too rare. It's also the case if he starts ever coming good other teams work on stopping him and winding him up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.