RIP Sean Connery 007

TimRam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the rock as well. Showed he still had it even when he was a bit older. 

the avengers was probably the worst film ever made mind, but he wasn’t solely responsible for that one. 

I had no idea he was so old though, one of those people that you assume will live forever. But 90 is a good old age to get to. 

I always feel ‘had a good innings’ is a very insensitive thing to say when someone’s died, but he had a good long life and will be fondly remembered for a long, long time. 

I might even see if I can find the avengers somewhere and see if it really was as bad as I remember. 

33 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

the avengers was probably the worst film ever made mind, but he wasn’t solely responsible for that one. 

I don't remember it being that bad? Surely not even his worst film ? Highlander 2 has to take that award imo.

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ll hear nothing said against the highlander series. 

Well I'm a big Highlander fan, movie and TV series but Highlander 2 is a pretty turgid film that is hard to defend,  that said it's a veritable masterpiece compared with the source.

The Hill, Dr No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Marnie, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds Are Forever, The Anderson Tapes, Robin & Marian, The Man Who Would Be King, The First Great Train Robbery, A Bridge Too Far, Outland, Time Bandits, Highlander, The Name of The Rose, The Hunt For Red October, The Untouchables, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, Rising Sun, The Rock.  I mean, friggin hell!!

One of those people who you thought would live forever, and with the above body of work he will.

RIP

The fact that Sean Connery hated being typecast as James Bond makes the title of this thread hilarious.

He deserves it anyway for telling us all to open hand slap our wives. Me and the Mrs ended up having to answer a lot of awkward questions in the A&E broken jaw department.

I still can't chew steak.

1 hour ago, Beetroot said:

The fact that Sean Connery hated being typecast as James Bond makes the title of this thread hilarious.

He deserves it anyway for telling us all to open hand slap our wives. Me and the Mrs ended up having to answer a lot of awkward questions in the A&E broken jaw department.

I still can't chew steak.

Archived