Halloween plans?

TimRam

Any fun-packed halloween plans? If not how did you spend it in days gone by? My Dad got fed up of the local toerags taking the front gates off, he used to save them the trouble and do it himself! Left them propped up at the side of the house. This year the only thing scary in my home is for dinner...

h1.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The time of year where parents think it’s acceptable to go knocking on strangers doors begging for sweets. 

Would like to think this year they might think twice, and that this can be the start of the end. But come 5pm I’m sure they will be banging on my door, scaring the dog as fireworks go off every half hour. 

Worst time of the year from now until the run up to Christmas.

Got to laugh though, so many angry over children going hungry, yet millions up and down the country will be letting off these expensive one time wooosh and a bangs. Displays that could feed not just a kid but a family for a month. 

With no mass gatherings and public displays cancelled, I fear it’s going to be worse than ever. I’m hoping for persistent hail the size of tennis ball storm every night until after NYE.

Just to clarify, I despise this time of year 

Our favourite night of the year usually! Always make a huge effort - our whole village does. Last year one bloke buried himself in the garden, literally submerged himself in the soil - and rose from his grave everytime a trick or treater approached. I still cant walk past his house.

A more subdued one this year. Just having a costumed walk to the pub.

46 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

You strike me as someone who would emit pheromones of desperation and premature ejaculation.

Girls don't like that.

charming that ?

I bloody love Halloween, you bunch of misery guts. 

In my village loads of people usually make a real effort. We’ve got a real family friendly village, and it’s loads of fun on a bleak autumn night. 

this was supposed to be the best Halloween ever. On a weekend, in half term, during a full moon. Stupid lock down couldn’t stop me. 

we had our bubble family round, so there were 5 kids between us. We played spooky games, made an overly complicated pumpkin cheescake, carved 7 pumpkins, and went for a pumpkin hunt round the village. We gave our kids sweets whenever they found a decorated house. Then we all stayed in and watched scary movies.

it was a lot more subdued round the village this year, of course, but still a few decent houses. I think mine was best though. There’s some I couldn’t possibly compete with normally, but this year is the great equaliser. 

have some kids, or borrow some, and have some fun. There’s enough to be miserable about without raining on our parade. 

PS it’s not kids knocking on strangers doors begging for sweets. If you don’t want people knocking on your door, you don’t put a pumpkin out. Simples. Anyone with a pumpkin out is part of the fun. 

184826CF-8754-4C6C-9560-F1890CCF4D24.jpeg

34 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

PS it’s not kids knocking on strangers doors begging for sweets. If you don’t want people knocking on your door, you don’t put a pumpkin out. Simples. Anyone with a pumpkin out is part of the fun. 

This village of yours is clearly a million miles away from the estate I live on.

I moved here in June '86, so I've now had the pleasure of 35 Halloweens.  This is the first year we have had zero knocks on the door.  I have never purchased a pumpkin, let alone displayed one at the front of our house.

This year notwithstanding, it has been very much a case of kids knocking on strangers' doors begging for sweets.

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

In my village loads of people usually make a real effort. We’ve got a real family friendly village, and it’s loads of fun on a bleak autumn night. 

Exactly the same here - anyone with a pumpkin by the door is a part of it and theres always loads. Always a huge village tour ending up at the local pub which is full of costumed kids and boozey parents. It's a brilliant village for kids to grow up in. As long as you're willing to put up with all the conservatism and shocking racism. I just let it all slide.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

This village of yours is clearly a million miles away from the estate I live on.

I moved here in June '86, so I've now had the pleasure of 35 Halloweens.  This is the first year we have had zero knocks on the door.  I have never purchased a pumpkin, let alone displayed one at the front of our house.

This year notwithstanding, it has been very much a case of kids knocking on strangers' doors begging for sweets.

Well that really is poo. I’d never encourage my kids to do that. That’s a whole different world to what I’m used to. I think one guy’s car got egged a couple of years ago, that’s about it. 

the spotted Facebook page only ever moans about fireworks (endlessly), Halloween is always celebrated as a village event. 

Halloween is just a holiday for agoraphobic  pedophiles... so Frankie Boyle says anyway!

we were meant to go on a pumpkin hunt but it was hammering it down so we carved pumpkins, had pumpkin soup for tea and watched hocus pocus eating our own body weight of chocolate and sweets ?

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Halloween is just a holiday for agoraphobic  pedophiles... so Frankie Boyle says anyway!

we were meant to go on a pumpkin hunt but it was hammering it down so we carved pumpkins, had pumpkin soup for tea and watched hocus pocus eating our own body weight of chocolate and sweets ?

We always watch the nightmare before Christmas the day after Halloween. The official way to mark the passing from Halloween season to pre-Christmas season. 

Archived