Gerrard Out

IslandExile

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IslandExile said:

I was basing it on this.....

To be fair, Gerrard looks to be a decent manager. I get it ain’t hard up in Scotland, but they’re doing well in Europe and have overtaken Celtic so far. Think he’ll prove to be a better manager than Lampard. But I’m not sure I trust that source in all honesty?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, Gerrard looks to be a decent manager. I get it ain’t hard up in Scotland, but they’re doing well in Europe and have overtaken Celtic so far. Think he’ll prove to be a better manager than Lampard. But I’m not sure I trust that source in all honesty?

Gerrard was a bit meh after a good start last season but has got them doing good this season. If Celtic get to ten in a row this year Stevie G will be needing police protection to get out of Ibrox.

Has the making of a decent manager though and the league standard may not be high in Scotland, but goldfish bowl nature of the old firm and hassle and BS will be good learning.

Hopefully it's journalistic cr@p. The problem is, it's the typical sort of celebrity appointment a bunch of moneybags new owners would opt for, irrespective of the fact there would be at least a dozen more suitable candidates than Gerrard at any given time. 

11 hours ago, europia said:

Hopefully it's journalistic cr@p. The problem is, it's the typical sort of celebrity appointment a bunch of moneybags new owners would opt for, irrespective of the fact there would be at least a dozen more suitable candidates than Gerrard at any given time. 

So we are criticising a manager and a owner despite the fact that it hasn't happened,we don't have a new owner,we know nothing about the deal or the owner or the likelihood of the owner bringing in this manager even if a deal went ahead.

Archived