Veganism

alanmarklewis

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, alanmarklewis said:

Are there any other herbivores out there?

If so, how long have you been vegan and what's your go to meal? 

vegan GIF

How do you know if someone is vegan?

Don't worry, I've already told you ?

No but have been experimenting with more Veg cooking lately.  The health benefits are pretty well established now.

Butternut squash biriani is one of my faves.

I love quorn sausages, Burgers and mince. Replaced the usual meat ones with them and won’t go back. A breakfast of quorn sausage, mushroom and scrambled egg (ok not vegan) on sour dough bread is delicious.

I've been a vegetarian for most of my life and I tried to go vegan for about 3 or 4 months recently - after watching a Youtube video about the benefits of veganism - but it didn't have a good effect on my digestion. I was taking all the extra supplements but my stomach had become too used to yogurts and milk. Perhaps it might have worked if I was younger. I've now gone back to my frozen yogurts and milk in my coffee.

I've cut down significantly on red meats recently, but I find the idea of going full veggie / vegan quite intimidating to be honest. I've tried a veggie diet but I think it needs to be carefully planned as within a couple of weeks of starting it, my energy levels plummeted. Far from feeling healthier, I felt awful.

Can anyone recommend a cook book that would help with planning a balanced meat free diet? I'm over 6 foot but I'm now tipping the scales at over 16 stone which is a stone over my typical weight. I can't see where it's gone on but I do feel it so I think a change is in order.

20 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I've cut down significantly on red meats recently, but I find the idea of going full veggie / vegan quite intimidating to be honest. I've tried a veggie diet but I think it needs to be carefully planned as within a couple of weeks of starting it, my energy levels plummeted. Far from feeling healthier, I felt awful.

Can anyone recommend a cook book that would help with planning a balanced meat free diet? I'm over 6 foot but I'm now tipping the scales at over 16 stone which is a stone over my typical weight. I can't see where it's gone on but I do feel it so I think a change is in order.

I don't know if a cook book is a good idea if you want to lose weight.  If my world was opened to a wider range of meals I think I would be tempted to eat more than I need. I've been around people who eat more or less the same thing every day and they seemed healthy enough. For them food was not a bit thing. It was fuel and they had enough of it to keep them going. I like plain food myself. My favourite meal is porridge so perhaps I am not in a position to give anyone advice on cuisine.

8 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

I don't know if a cook book is a good idea if you want to lose weight.  If my world was opened to a wider range of meals I think I would be tempted to eat more than I need. I've been around people who eat more or less the same thing every day and they seemed healthy enough. For them food was not a bit thing. It was fuel and they had enough of it to keep them going. I like plain food myself. My favourite meal is porridge so perhaps I am not in a position to give anyone advice on cuisine.

I hate porridge ?

I’m all for people being vegan/vegetarian... if you want to eat rabbit food all day that’s fine but what the hell is with all the ‘Meat free meat balls’? Meat free chicken style pieces... the absolute worst is fishless fish fingers. What on Earth goes into something to give it the look, taste and smell of fish that isn’t fish?! 

Archived