Jump to content

20/21 Player Ratings


Recommended Posts

Team ratings so far, wins in bold.

 

Under Cocu

Reading 4.3 Luton 5.8 Blackburn 4.3 Norwich 7 Watford 6 Huddersfield 6 Forest 7.3 Cardiff 6.7 Bournemouth 6.8 QPR 5.2 Barnsley 5

Average 5.9

 

Gang of Four

Bristol 6 Boro 4.8

Average 5.6

 

Under Rooney

Wycombe 6 Coventry 6 Millwall 6.3 Brentford 6.5 Stoke 5.9 Swansea 7.9 PNE 5.9 Brum 7.9 Sheff Wed 6.8 Roth 4.9 Bour 7.4 QPR 7.1

Average 6.6

  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Player Ratings for those playing 5 games or more

 

Bielik 7.3

CKR 6.7

Shinnie Knight Jozwiak 6.6

Byrne Buchanan Clarke 6.5

Davies 6.3

Marshall 6.2

Wisdom 5.9

Evans 5.8

Forsyth Bird 5.6

Waghorn 5.5

Holmes 5.4

Sibley 5.3

Lawrence 5.1

Rooney 4.9

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would have expected to see a far larger differential between the ratings for Cocus and Rooney's respective stints.

That struck me as well. I think under Cocu when we actually played a bit better and got points, people overmarked as a contrast. In a similar vein, posters may have overreacted a little with the Rotherham game.

Having said that 0.7 is the difference between Clarke and Evans this season, so that makes it feel a bigger difference.

 

Edited by sage
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sage said:

Team ratings so far, wins in bold.

 

Under Cocu

Reading 4.3 Luton 5.8 Blackburn 4.3 Norwich 7 Watford 6 Huddersfield 6 Forest 7.3 Cardiff 6.7 Bournemouth 6.8 QPR 5.2 Barnsley 5

Average 5.9

 

Gang of Four

Bristol 6 Boro 4.8

Average 5.6

 

Under Rooney

Wycombe 6 Coventry 6 Millwall 6.3 Brentford 6.5 Stoke 5.9 Swansea 7.9 PNE 5.9 Brum 7.9 Sheff Wed 6.8 Roth 4.9 Bour 7.4 QPR 7.1

Average 6.6

  

 

Thanks @sage. The ratings would work well if plotted in an average moving range statistical process control chart (XMR SPC) especially now that we have 25 points. It would tell us if there’s been real “statically significant” change in team performance. I could dash one out and see if it confirms what we already believe? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ellafella said:

Thanks @sage. The ratings would work well if plotted in an average moving range statistical process control chart (XMR SPC) especially now that we have 25 points. It would tell us if there’s been real “statically significant” change in team performance. I could dash one out and see if it confirms what we already believe? 

Have a go chap. Would be interesting to see it all in a different format.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sage said:

Have a go chap. Would be interesting to see it all in a different format.

Thanks. Of course there are potentially lots of sources of extraneous variation {different & inconsistent raters, halo effects, the impact of alcohol, player favouritism, selection bias} which may affect the outcome ...but it won’t do any harm. I’ll do something and post it here soonish.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thanks. Of course there are potentially lots of sources of extraneous variation {different & inconsistent raters, halo effects, the impact of alcohol, player favouritism, selection bias} which may affect the outcome ...but it won’t do any harm. I’ll do something and post it here soonish.  

What would be interesting is to see if CKR and Bielik have had an impact on players ratings, as they, if not more than Rooney, have had an effect on results.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that all raw marks included just as they are without any diving type removal of very highest and lowest?  have to chuckle that Rooney was bottom of league dont you. Although you think would be far more erratic, the backbone of the team this season are all within 0.2 of each other which is surprisingly very consistent of us!! Love these sort of fan generated stats - thank you for your time! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Is that all raw marks included just as they are without any diving type removal of very highest and lowest?  have to chuckle that Rooney was bottom of league dont you. Although you think would be far more erratic, the backbone of the team this season are all within 0.2 of each other which is surprisingly very consistent of us!! Love these sort of fan generated stats - thank you for your time! 

The averages are with outliers taken out. The only data collection where I leave them in, is for the ratings range I sometimes show. 

The averages show me that CKR and Bielik have turned the team round and we have 9 players who are above average. We are a RCB and a winger/wide forward away from being a top half team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sage said:

What would be interesting is to see if CKR and Bielik have had an impact on players ratings, as they, if not more than Rooney, have had an effect on results.  

Is that Rooney the manager, or Rooney the player?

I know, impossible question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sage said:

Rooney the manager

Just wondering as making him manager also took out the worst player according to those ratings.

But I wonder if Rooney and Lawrence are so badly rated as expectations are higher.

All interesting stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

Just wondering as making him manager also took out the worst player according to those ratings.

But I wonder if Rooney and Lawrence are so badly rated as expectations are higher.

All interesting stuff.

I think they were both victims of the Championships move towards pressing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sage said:

The averages are with outliers taken out. The only data collection where I leave them in, is for the ratings range I sometimes show. 

The averages show me that CKR and Bielik have turned the team round and we have 9 players who are above average. We are a RCB and a winger/wide forward away from being a top half team.  

I would say that we were 15 minutes from being a play off contender, we've lost 17 points in the last 15 minutes of our games this season, take away the 2 we got at Norwich, we'd be one point behind Bournemouth in sixth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I would say that we were 15 minutes from being a play off contender, we've lost 17 points in the last 15 minutes of our games this season, take away the 2 we got at Norwich, we'd be one point behind Bournemouth in sixth.

We weren't fit enough at the start of the season. Add a late goal when we had 10 men and post covid.

Hopefully the recent late goals having unusual potential reasons means we will kick that habit now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.