20/21 Player Ratings

sage

Just thought I would create  a thread to put all the ongoing stats I have collated from the ratings you have given for each match. I will try to update it after each game. I may even go fancy Dan with a bar chart. Feel free to use them as a basis for debate. 

Our team performances so far this season

Reading 4.3 Luton 5.8 Blackburn 4.3 Norwich 7  Watford 6 Huddersfield 6 Forest 7.3 Cardiff 6.7

Below are the individual player stats from everyone who has played at least 2 games.

Good or better- Waghorn 7.6 Lawrence 7

Better than average - Davies 6.7 Jozwiak 6.6 Marshall 6.6 Buchanan 6.5 Knight 6.4 Byrne 6.3 Clarke 6.1 Shinnie 6.1

Then after those 10 players, quite a gap to

Around below average mark - Wisdom 5.2 Rooney 5.2 Evans 5.2 Holmes 5.2 Forsyth 4.9 Bird 4.8 Sibley 4.7

In the doldrums - Marriott 4.3 MTW 3.5 

There may be some advantage to not playing in those first 3 games and vice versa but it seems clear that 10 players stand out from the rest.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match ratings, voted by you.

Reading 4.3 Luton 5.8 Blackburn 4.3 Norwich 7  Watford 6 Huddersfield 6 Forest 7.3 Cardiff 6.7 Bournemouth 6.8

Below are the individual player stats from everyone who has played at least 2 games.

Average to Good - Waghorn 7 Marshall 6.8 Davies 6.7 Lawrence 6.7 Jozwiak 6.6 Buchanan 6.5 Knight 6.5

Better than average - Shinnie 6.4 Byrne 6.3 Clarke 6.2

Below average - Wisdom 5.2 Rooney 5.2 Evans 5.2 Holmes 5.2

Poor - Forsyth 4.9 Bird 4.8 Sibley 4.7

Oh dear - MTW 4.4 Marriott 4.3

2 hours ago, sage said:

The stats seem to suggest that in our current formation our weakest position is RCB. 

But Davies, who has the third best average could be our RCB, if we bring in Bielik as sweeper or to allow 4 at the back. Problem solved?

4 minutes ago, dabber said:

But Davies, who has the third best average could be our RCB, if we bring in Bielik as sweeper or to allow 4 at the back. Problem solved?

Not really. in a back 3/5 the two wider CBs also have to defend against wingers as a kind of defensive full back. I fear Davies and to an extent Bielik would get exposed in that position. 

Just now, sage said:

Not really. in a back 3/5 the two wider CBs also have to defend against wingers as a kind of defensive full back. I fear Davies and to an extent Bielik would get exposed in that position. 

I don't disagree, but Bielik is being touted as the solution and Davies is our highest rated defender, if not Davies at RCB then who? I agree that the right and left centre backs in a 3 are more like a defensive full back, so perhaps Wisdom would be the best fit there? Or we revert to 4 at the back

20 minutes ago, dabber said:

I don't disagree, but Bielik is being touted as the solution and Davies is our highest rated defender, if not Davies at RCB then who? I agree that the right and left centre backs in a 3 are more like a defensive full back, so perhaps Wisdom would be the best fit there? Or we revert to 4 at the back

If we are to keep with this formation and MTW and/or Wisdom don't improve before Xmas then RCB may be as high a transfer priority as CF in the January transfer window.  

On 30/10/2020 at 14:14, sage said:

Just thought I would create  a thread to put all the ongoing stats I have collated from the ratings you have given for each match. I will try to update it after each game. I may even go fancy Dan with a bar chart. Feel free to use them as a basis for debate. 

Our team performances so far this season

Reading 4.3 Luton 5.8 Blackburn 4.3 Norwich 7  Watford 6 Huddersfield 6 Forest 7.3 Cardiff 6.7

Good or better- Waghorn 7.6 Lawrence 7

Better than average - Davies 6.7 Jozwiak 6.6 Marshall 6.6 Buchanan 6.5 Knight 6.4 Byrne 6.3 Clarke 6.1 Shinnie 6.1

Around below average mark - Wisdom 5.2 Rooney 5.2 Evans 5.2 Holmes 5.2 Forsyth 4.9 Bird 4.8 Sibley 4.7

In the doldrums - Marriott 4.3 MTW 3.5 

There may be some advantage to not playing in those first 3 games and vice versa but it seems clear that 10 players stand out from the rest.

Well done Sage. Please do a bar chart. With a line showing the team moving average. And plot a 2nd Y axis showing league position. 

Who is the highest ranking player?

Match Ratings so far...

Reading 4.3 Luton 5.8 Blackburn 4.3 Norwich 7  Watford 6 Huddersfield 6 Forest 7.3 Cardiff 6.7 Bournemouth 6.8 QPR 5.2 

so 4 at the back average score is 4.9

with 5 at the back the average is 6.6

Player ratings update later.

• 3 weeks later...

Player ratings so far (at least 3 starts). Average is 6.

Marshall 6.6

Jozwiak 6.5 Buchanan 6.5 

Knight 6.4

Davies 6.3

Byrne 6 2 Clarke 6.2

Shinnie 6.1

Waghorn 5.6

Lawrence 5.5 Wisdom 5.5

Bird 5.2 Rooney 5.2 Evans 5.2

Holmes 5.1

Sibley 4.7

Forsyth 4.5

MTW 4.4

Marriott 4.3

Team performances in order, best to worst.

Forest 7.3

Norwich 7

Bournemouth 6.8

Cardiff 6.7 

Bristol 6 Watford 6 Huddersfield 6

Luton 5.8

QPR 5.2

Barnsley 5

Reading 4.3 Blackburn 4.3

In chronological order

4.3, 5.8, 4.3, 7, 6, 6, 7.3, 6.7, 6.8, 5.2, 5, 6.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, sage said:

Just updating the season ratings

Whilst I am doing it, here is a little game...Guess which is our highest rated game in the last 2 months and guess who our 5 highest rated players are (in order)

Highest rated players so far in season or last 2 months also? And thanks for the time you put in doing this for us

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Just updating the season ratings

Whilst I am doing it, here is a little game...Guess which is our highest rated game in the last 2 months and guess who our 5 highest rated players are (in order)

Derby v Swansea

Bielik

Shinnie

Clarke

Byrne

Knight

Archived