Abu Derby County

tinman

“Derby said to be furious”

With what exactly?? A bloke who’s already failed twice to purchase British clubs and failed to materialise any actual money on all occasions? 

it’s our own fault for being so naive and gullible in the first place.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

There are probably a few posters on here that owe the Newcastle fan who popped in an apology though. He was bang on.

What concerns me is that whilst he was spot on, who is advising Mel/Derby who couldn't also see it?

Something hasn't felt right about it from very early on. In desperation we have allowed ourselves to be strung along. Worse, we allowed them to have a say in our future before a penny was put in.

I fear for who we might choose next, my confidence in us making the right choice is non existent. 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

“Derby said to be furious”

With what exactly?? A bloke who’s already failed twice to purchase British clubs and failed to materialise any actual money on all occasions? 

it’s our own fault for being so naive and gullible in the first place.

Were you a party to all the conversations (that may have included the topic of the other failed takeovers) and broken promises?

I agree they should have been, and possibly were, wary given his track record but that doesn’t alter the fact that he appears to have strung the club along. 

Relieved, both that this bunch have been ducked off and that the hill I chose to die on when calling them shysters was the right one ?

The number of people who stuck their heads in the sand around the time it was revealed they were being taken to court over an unpaid 500k legal bill really surprised me.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

Relieved, both that this bunch have been ducked off and that the hill I chose to die on when calling them shysters was the right one ?

The number of people who stuck their heads in the sand around the time it was revealed they were being taken to court over an unpaid 500k legal bill really surprised me.

Not sure 'dying on a hill' was ever on the cards mate. A bit of public flagellation in your local market square or maybe a day or two in the stocks would surely have sufficed.

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I think the promise of (fools) gold blinded some people, who just wanted to believe.

Flying The X Files GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Archived