Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

By business plan starts with only 3 million on players wages, so should be ok (30 x 100000k per year). It depends how much Mel wants for the club and/or ground though.

Don’t want to pour cold water etc, but it did occur to me that the ticket revenues belong to the club so can’t really be used to buy the club. If you see what I mean 

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t want to pour cold water etc, but it did occur to me that the ticket revenues belong to the club so can’t really be used to buy the club. If you see what I mean 

Yeah, good point. Guess it would require some goodwill by Mel ie if fans stump up, I'll transfer the club to them and take part of that money.

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, good point. Guess it would require some goodwill by Mel ie if fans stump up, I'll transfer the club to them and take part of that money.

You are going all the way in with this one aren't you! You can be Chairman for all your efforts. 

Nice sentiments, but I think even the Abu Dhabi link has more chance in reality. Fingers crossed we hear something definitive this week. 

59 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You are going all the way in with this one aren't you! You can be Chairman for all your efforts. 

Nice sentiments, but I think even the Abu Dhabi link has more chance in reality. Fingers crossed we hear something definitive this week. 

I meant "he'll", not "I'll"

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

My mate who supports Exeter sent me this today. Thought it was interesting...

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2020/april/1931-fund/

I think we could increasingly see crowdfunding of clubs. 
another innovation might be to pay players part in cash and part in shares. Complicated but could be made to work if you could agree a way to value shares in football clubs. Players might see it as akin to a pension but I’m guessing the agents would oppose it 

Not been on here in a while due to being bogged down with work etc.

I'm very concerned that our fanbase seem to be somewhat accepting of being fobbed off time and time again. COVID or no COVID I'm very surprised it hasn't yet got to the stage where fans aren't physically showing their disgust.

21 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Not been on here in a while due to being bogged down with work etc.

I'm very concerned that our fanbase seem to be somewhat accepting of being fobbed off time and time again. COVID or no COVID I'm very surprised it hasn't yet got to the stage where fans aren't physically showing their disgust.

I'm sure we would be, but there's that whole lockdown thing going on...

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

Perhaps we should have a 'doorstep boo' at 6pm every Thursday. That'll do the trick...

It would be different if this were the 80s, 90s or even the earlier 00s when we didn't have the plandemic and such extreme media manipulation. I realise such statements are somewhat divisive, and I probably don't want to go down that rabbit hole... People have largely turned into zombies these days...

Archived